Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday. This week we are concentrating on the color GOLD. In my post you’ll see so many shades of gold that your head might spin. Well maybe not but it should be fun. I never used to be a fan of gold but I’ve grown to love it. It’s a sunny shade that is great year round. Here are some of my favorites.
1. Le Metier de Beaute All That Glitters – this is a true gold but it’s not streaky. It was part of holiday set. I still see the colors from the set popping up at eBay once in a while.
2. butter LONDON The Old Bill – this is a beautiful darker gold metallic. I love how this looks once on.
3. Orly Rage – Rage was originally a limited edition color from Orly but it sold so well that people clamored for it to become permanent and it is. It’s a gorgeous rose gold.
4. butter LONDON Champers – this is described as a rose gold shimmer. It’s similar to Orly Rage but lighter and longer lasting on me.
5. Dior Or Lumiere/Golden Light – Dior came out with this twice under two different names. Golden Light needs three coats to be opaque on me and even then it’s the subtlest of my choices.
6. Armani Eyes to Kill #6 Khaki Pulse – yes it’s called Khaki but it’s got that Antique Gold thing going that I love
7. Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Colour in Platinum – I’ve shown this before since I love this as a base. It brightens looks like no one’s business. It’s great on its own or as your eyeshadow base shade.
8. Diorshow Fusion Mono in Meteore – if you haven’t seen these shadows it’s time you did. They are all beautiful. They use a similar technology that Armani and Chanel use but the colors arent’ quite as complex. You are in for a gold treat with Meteore but it is sparkly so get out your dancing shoes.
9. L’Oreal Infallible in Eternal Sunshine – when you don’t want to spend the $$ on Dior, Armani or Chanel then head to L’Oreal for Infallible. It’s that same cream/powder hybrid. This is an exceptionally pretty yellow gold.
10. MAC Bare My Soul palette – sorry that this is LE but the antique gold in this is such a wonderful shade that I wear it all the time.
My Top Ten which will surely change one day but for now these are polishes and eyeshadows that I love to wear and plan on wearing often. Please visit the other Top Ten Bloggers by clicking their link and see what amazing products they are sharing. — Marcia