Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday and the topic of the week – What’s in my beach bag? I need to come clean instantly with this. I can not tell a lie…. I can’t remember the last time I was at the beach. I remember it was in Florida near Key Largo though and I remember the ants that invaded our hotel room. Maybe that’s why I’m not attracted to the beach. But my bag doesn’t have to go to the beach because it has a lake to go to. Close friends of ours have a house on a lake where we spend many summer weekend days or evenings. So my beach bag now becomes my lake bag. What’s in my lake bag? That’s better.
My lovely beach bag and shawl were gifts from Aveeno which was a wonderful surprise. Now I don’t have to scrounge around before we leave for the day. We go out on the boat for late night rides and the shawl is enough to keep the bugs off my arms and take away some of the chill.
1) and 2) Sunscreen – I actually have 5 sunscreens going but these two are in my beach bag: Aveeno Protect + Hydrate is what I’ve got for my body and Algenist is for my face.
3) Vault Lip Balm – this has SPF 15 and is a fun balm to use. Mine is lightly tinted which is perfect for me since I want the protection and just a little color. The packaging is so much fun.
4) La Fresh – I’ve got Oil-Free Face Cleansers and Instant Body Smoothers in there now. (review upcoming)
5) Emi-Jay hair ties – I bought these on sale at Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale, 5 for $5. Emi and Jay are two teens who created this business and they are partners in the Step Up Women’s Network which helps girls nationwide become confident, career-ready and college bound. I love that part of it. These ties are smaller than some I’ve used and really hold my hair.
6) thirty-one Thermal Makeup Bag – I love this. Even if I forget to put it in my fridge in the morning, it still keeps makeup from melting. It’s perfect for a beach day no matter what items you want to put in it. I usually have some eyeliner, concealer, lip color.
7) Travelon Fan – yes a fan. Only I can be bothered by hot flashes even at the beach or lake. I’m a walking hot flash and this fan that I bought on Amazon is my life saver. It has three speeds and can be used in different positions.
8) Reading material – I get a lot of magazines and sitting at a table in the shade is a perfect time to read them. If I know it’s going to be super quiet out there I’ll bring a book but it’s usually magazines.
9) and 10) My RX sunglasses which are actually a pair of glasses that I used to wear as my regular glasses and when I got a new prescription I made these into sunglasses at the same time. Klean Kanteen insulated mug – my blog partner bought one and I copied her and bought one too. I love ultra cold ice water and the ice lasts in here all day long.
Do you have any of these in your beach bag? If not which would you want to
steal borrow from me?
Now onto my fellow bloggers’ posts to see what I’m missing and what they are smart enough to bring with them. Click on their icons for some great reads. — Marcia