Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday and this week’s choice of Eyeliners. I am addicted to eyeliners. I don’t consider my makeup done unless it includes eyeliner so this is one of my favorite weeks.
1. Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes* – these are heaven sent in the summer especially since they last and last. Think of a color and Make Up For Ever has beat you to it with 27 shades.
2. Painted Earth Gel Eyeliner pencils* – I fell for these hard! I first had Noir and never wanted to stop using it but then Baroque came into my life and made me fall in love. These are a cross between an eyeliner and a gel liner so they glide on and last.
3. Tarina Tarantino Eye Dream Hyperliner* – these are new to me and make me smile. 13 shades of waterproof eyeliner with lovely glistening shimmer. These are vibrant, they don’t crack and they give me a subtle spark.
4. Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pens – I bought my first Pixi Silky Eye Pen in Cafe Gold after one of our Makeup Wars posts about favorite golds. Well that let me to buy this kit of 5 Mini-sized Endless Silky Eye Pens in BlackNoir, DeepPlum, BlackCocoa, SageGold, OysterGlow + sharpener. And that will lead me to buy ….
5. Paula Dorf Transformer – I go way back with Paula Dorf. I remember being introduced to this trick product of hers that made powder eyeshadows last and last. No one ever talks about Paula Dorf anymore but they should. She has some winners that no one has beat, Transformer was the first and remains a favorite.
6. Physician’s Formula Gel Eyeliners – sadly I think this is no more. I wish I’d known so I could have stocked up. These are probably my favorite of all gel eyeliners and the price was so right. I still have most of the colors but my brown ones are gone.
7. Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner – this could just as easily be MAC Fluidline since I think they are very close to each other. I have gone through a LOT of these two brands since they always have great colors and last well on me.
8. Cailyn Line Fix Gel Eyeliner – I discovered this when I was at the IMATS show in January and I feel sort of like Columbus. Since my first buy I’ve “bought” several more through some of my subscription boxes. Every time I open a box like Wantable and see Cailyn in my package I’m thrilled. Great colors though they do have to be reapplied late in the day.
9. Eddie Funkhouse Liquid Eyeliner* – I hate this and I love this. I honestly can’t get enough of this black liquid eyeliner. I pull it out constantly. So why do I hate it? I was sent it for review months ago and it’s still not available to purchase. It is driving me crazy. I’m done with my Eddie Funkhouser mascara that I am enamored with and I’m petrified I’m going to be done with this Liquid Eyeliner before it’s available. When it is available it will be at Rite Aid, most likely online first. It’s the best. Now where is it??
10. Tarte Inner Rim Brightener – technically it’s not an eyeliner but it goes on my waterline so it’s in place of a dark color therefore I had to include it. It’s the skinniest pencil and I’m always forgetting it or misplacing it, which is why I bought a second.
I think I’ve covered the gamut with liquid, pencil, gel pencil, gel and even a way to make powder into long lasting liner. I do love my liners!! Read all the other Top 10 Tuesdays lists to see if you spot a favorite or need to shop for a new favorite. I always end up making a list! — Marcia
*some items sent for review