I am not a fashion maven. I’m not up with the newest styles. I’m just not hip or cool or whatever is the newest word that describes the “in” people. But I have heard of Man Repeller even though I couldn’t tell you much about them. For January Glossybox wanted to do start the year with a bang so they collaborated with The Man Repeller to coordinate a box for subscribers. Now what I do know about Man Repeller is that it’s meant to repel men – so you’d wear your tackiest clothes or your most outrageously outdated ones. If that’s the case then I consider myself lucky that they helped put together a subscription box that I believe won’t repel but will attract.
Leandra Medine is known as The Man Repeller and attracts a huge audience to her blog so it made sense that Glossybox would enjoy getting on board with her to create what they call the Winter Survival Kit. Items included in it:
- full size Tarte Natural Cheek Tint; a cream blush in Achiote. While Tarte has previously done a powder blush in this beautiful peachy pink shade this cream blush is a brand new item. When I saw this I was instantly happy. I love Tarte, I love cream blush and I love this color. (I’ve read that some boxes received a Tarte lipstick or a Vincent Longo lip stain in place of the blush – I’m thrilled I got the blush!)
- full size OPI Liquid Sand nail polish. My shade is a dark sparkly purple called Can’t Let Go. I’m happy to have this polish since I’m not sure I’d have bought a liquid sand shade on my own. It’s an interesting new texture that now I’ll be able to try out.
- Sebastian Potion 9 wearable styling treatment. If this is a deluxe sample size then it’s very deluxe. It’s a very generous size. I’m going to put this aside to use when my keratin treatment is grown out though since I can’t read the teeny ingredients to see if it contains any sodium chloride. I used to use Potion 9 in a different form years ago though and loved it then so it has possibilities.
- gwp size Estee Lauder Sumputuous Extreme Mascara. Actually I tried the original Sumptuous Mascara a few years ago and wasn’t crazy about it but my lashes are longer now due to growth products like RevitaLash so I might like the new formula more. I enjoy gwp mascaras since it’s a good way of knowing how these work for me.
- sample size Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum. It’s such a conundrum – do I want matte skin or dewy skin? This is a good way to find out come summer and Fresh is a top notch brand.
- sample of Narcisco Rodriguez for her Eau de Toilette. I didn’t think to take a separate picture of it since I dislike fragrance.
- sample of Le Metier de Beaute Replenshing Daily Solution. I also forgot to take a separate picture of this. This is a nice way to try about 4 days worth of moisturizing with this SPF moisturizer. For people who use LMdB it’s a great travel item.
- There’s also the Glossybox Mag and a small card that says 25% off which I believe gives you 25% off full sizes of any of this month’s products on the Glossybox site.
So there you have it. I’ll be surviving winter with a fabulous blush, a pretty new nail polish, something to product my hair, sumptuous eyelashes. I’ll have to save the Fresh for summer when my skin is oily to normal and I’ll put the LMdB moisturizer in my travel bag to pick from when I’m packing. This was worth the $21 I paid for it so Glossybox remains for another month.
Do you subscribe to Glossybox? Did you get this set, did you get the Tarte blush or Vincent Longo lipstick, and what color nail polish did you receive?? — Marcia