The best night of the week? Date night. Whether you are going out with your significant other or with a gang of friends, nothing beats getting a little dressed up and cutting loose. Tonight my husband and I are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and I am prepared for a memorable night out with my five must-haves!
1. A kick-ass dress. Wearing a dress makes everything a little more special, as long as the dress is also as comfy as a pair of pj’s. My favorite this summer is the Market and Spruce Nic Striped Dress. It’s as soft as a favorite t-shirt and it doesn’t wrinkle. This dress looks good on almost every body shape.
I never would have picked it out at the store, though – all those stripes would have scared me away. I got mine through Stitch Fix, which is a fashion service that you really have to try. You can schedule a ‘fix’ anytime you want, and through a detailed questionnaire a stylist picks four to five items for you. Try them on, and if you don’t like them, send them back. If you keep all five, you get a killer discount. You can even create a Pinterest board of clothes you love and your stylist will look at it to help guide your picks. (If you want to check out my personal Stitch Fix board, it’s right HERE).
I am not an affiliate, but if you decide to try Stitch Fix and go through this link I’ll get credit for future boxes…and I’ll be forever grateful! Trust me on this one though…you WILL become addicted and your closet will become absolutely fabulous.
2. A sweet smelling travel-size tube of hand/body lotion. I can’t stand dry hands or arms, so I always carry a small tube of hand/body cream. It’s a great way to ward of crepey skin and to also freshen up after an intense Wobble or Electric Slide session. I like Whish Body Butter in Orange Cream. It reminds me of the orange creamsicles of my youth and makes me happy every time I slather some on.
3. An awesome manicure. I am all about holographic polishes these days. They look demure indoors, but get these babies under some lights and they are funkadelic. A favorite this season is KBShimmer What Are You Wading For?, the best blue polish I have ever had. It’s LE so get it before it’s gone!
4. A great faux-tan. As soon as I apply a natural looking faux-tan I immediately feel more confident. A little color brightens me up, makes me look thinner, and people no longer shield their eyes at my glaringly white skin when I wear shorts. Cocoa Brown 1 hour Tan Mousse is the bomb. Easy to apply, doesn’t transfer to clothes, and they now have a Dark shade for when I want to really get crazy.
5. A discreet breath spray. Despite our best intentions, all kinds of chemical warfare can unknowingly explode in your mouth, leaving you with dragon breath. I always carry a small spray bottle of oral antiseptic and KissSafe is the perfect choice. I like how it assumes I am going to be kissing someone, not just blathering on whilst unknowingly invading someone’s personal space. KissSafe isn’t sharply minty, it’s gentle yet extremely effective. This little baby hides right in my purse. A quick discreet spray and no one will have to subtly offer me a breath mint.
With a great dress, soft skin, heart stopping nails, healthy tanned skin and oral antiseptic, my date night is bound to be a major success. Tonight our celebration is at an old-school Italian restaurant in downtown Detroit and I’ve got my action plan all in place. I am ready for some romance, some silliness, and some lighthearted reminiscing. What are some of your date night must-haves? – Lisa
*except for Stitch Fix, all items received for editorial consideration
#StitchFix #KBShimmer #WhishBeauty #CocoaBrownTan #KissSafe