GLOW for a cause meets so many of my needs and I’m confident will meet many of yours too. The company itself strove to create the purest and highest quality products possible. The creator, Johanna Querry Smith, is an artist, teacher and skincare “productista” who created this brand as a passion project. But it’s more than a passion for her, it’s a way to pamper yourself while you are giving back. 5% of all sales goes to their non-profit partner organizations.
I was sent their TRY IT ALL in a BAG set that is an exciting way to discover some of their line. It contains 14 nicely sized sample products inside a wonderful cosmetic bag created by BROMS.the.poet. For me this was an excellent way to try their products, mostly because almost everything is fragranced.
There are 10 Body Butters that GLOW for a cause manufacturers and each can be bought separately but for me the delight is in having the opportunity to sniff out all of these to see what I like best. In alphabetical order here they are:
- CALM: fresh lavender and warm vanilla, a sultry scent
- DREAM: a bouquet of flowers with a warm woody base, it’s a soft floral scent
- EMBRACE: blend of white amber, ginger, brown sugar and coconut with a subtle note of rich vanilla and musk, this is one of my personal favorites even though I wasn’t sure about the musk at first
- INNOCENCE: delicate sweetness of berries and flowers with a twist of almond, a little bit of every good scent that Glow says is like Paris in the spring
- INSPIRE: vibrant blend of florals and a dash of sunny citrus, I love this because of the natural citrus that comes through
- NATURAL: unscented so of course this is the one I tried first to check out the richness and luxurious feel of these body butters
- REFRESH: eucalyptus, spearmint and bergamot mix, I love the spearmint in this, it’s not a typical fragrance in bath/body products
- VIBE: “the vibrant mix of red berries, honey and bergamot are rounded out by a blend of vanilla, clove, sandalwood and the luscious twist of citrus zests.”, this is such a delightful scent that isn’t typical at all, highly recommended
- WANDER: Bergamot and jasmine are grounded by spicy florals and an earthy undertone of sandalwood, incense and vanilla. Floral and spice and sandalwood stand out most to me.
- WISH: light florals, white tea, and bergamot grounded by light musks; delightfully sweet and not overwhelming
These body butters are very rich without being sticky. They absorb nicely and last a good amount of time. Most of these would take the place of wearing fragrance in my opinion. They are Paraben Free, Phthalate Free, Cruelty Free, and made in the USA.
There are two Facial Creams included in the samples: Calendula & Cream and Vanilla & Aloe. Vanilla & Cream is labeled Facial Moisturizing Cream. It’s made with 100% pure vanilla essential oil and aloe vera extract and has a very strong vanilla fragrance. It’s gluten free as well as paraben free plus there are no synthetic fragrances. The ingredients are amazing and you can tell from them what purity you are using.
Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Ceteareth – 20, Glycerin, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Glyceryl Monostearate, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Palm Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cera Alba, Dimethicone, Grapefruit Pink Essential Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Natural Vitamin E, Vanilla Flavor, Sodium Citrate, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Green Tea Extract, Chamomile Extract, Silk Powder, Honey Powder, Banana Fruit Extract, Papaya Fruit Extract, Aloe Vera Powder, Apricot Fruit Extract
Calendula & Cream is the Facial Nourishing Cream and is created with lightly scented with 100% pure essential oils of lemon, bergamot and tangerine. It soothes damaged skin without leaving a greasy feeling. As a fan of citrus aromas this is my favorite of the two.
In addition to the moisturizers there’s a scrub and facial mask. FACIAL CLAY SCRUB in Ylang Ylang and Lime is lightly fragranced with 100% pure ylang ylang essential oil and the crisp notes of lime. It contains Australian clay and apricot exfoliants that don’t hurt sensitive skin. I find it washes off easily with a wash cloth.
Aqua, Kaolin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Shell, Sodium Lactate, Phenoxyethanol and Ethylhexylglycerin, Organic Ylang Ylang Oil, Litsea Cubeba Essential Oil, Lime Essential Oil, Mandarin Essential Oil, Natural Vitamin E, Honey Powder, Aloe Vera Powder, Chamomile Extract
FACIAL CLAY MASK in Lime & Lavender is “Formulated with Australian and Rhassoul clays, our mask helps to lift impurities and revitalize skin. It is enhanced with evening primrose oil and carrot oil, reputed to nourish the skin and fight the effects of aging, and is infused with the calming aroma of lavender and lime.” I personally find the fragrance to be strong at first but then becomes easier for me to tolerate.
GLOW FOR A CAUSE has introduced me to a world of fragrances and products I wasn’t aware of. I love being able to try these samples for a reasonable price and I love having samples that are the perfect size for travel. The companies that they partner with are the benefits of their largesse. Specifically if you purchase the Try It All In A Bag you’ll help out Cowgirls vs Cancer, Boston’s Firefigter’s Burn Foundation, The Red Sox Foundation, MaxFun Animal Adoption Center, The Gathering Place, and Berni’s Journey.
For a unique experience and a way to help others try GLOW for a cause. — Marcia
*sent for editorial consideration