It’s Tuesday and that means Top Ten Tuesday. Today’s topic is summer beauty. My choices are 10 items (or more) that I know I’ll be using all summer. I started this by deciding what I’d take with me for a long summer weekend away. I just included cosmetics, not skincare, or this would be all about sunscreen. The ten items I picked are ones I’m enjoying and I’d happily put in my cosmetic bag.
1. URBAN DECAY MINOR SIN PRIMER POTION – I chose Minor Sin since it does double duty for me. It’s both an eyeshadow primer and a color product. It works great under the eyeshadow I’d bring and it works beautifully on its own for a simple look. It’s a champagne shimmer that’s sheer.
Urban Decay Minor Sin Primer Potion
2. GABRIEL COSMETICS EYESHADOW TRIO IN SMOKEY SHIMMER* Eyeshadow Trios are new to Gabriel Cosmetics and I am loving Smokey Shimmer. It’s very versatile and won’t take up much room. I’ll be able to get a few different looks with this depending on whether it’s night or day. I’ll have a full review of this soon.
Gabriel Cosmetics Smokey Shimmer eyeshadow trio
3. PHYSICIANS FORMULA Eye Booster™2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum is my new favorite eyeliner. I have searched so long for the perfect brown liquid eyeliner. I’ve found several brands I really like (at last) but this is the one I can’t put down. A perfect brown, an easy to use felt tip point, a great price, and very long lasting. I plan to buy another at the next sale.
Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum
4. DV LIGHT UP MASCARA* (DV stands for Dakota Vox) This mascara not only gives me long separated lashes but it lights up and has a mirror on it. Perfect for a getaway or any time. So far I haven’t lit it up but I’ve been using this daily and I love the way my lashes look. It doesn’t clump and it doesn’t smudge. It’s easy to remove which I’ve been appreciating lately because I’ve had to rub my eyes too much with other mascaras. The silicone brush deposits the pigment easily and evenly.
DV Light Up Mascara
5. IT COSMETICS EYELIFT IN A TUBE should be no surprise to anyone since I love my IT Cosmetic items. This isn’t one that I’ve written about but it’s one I use all the time. This two sided beauty has a wand of Bye Bye Under Eye on one side and Hello Light™ Liquid Brightener on the other. Dab a little of the Liquid Brightener on and you look ready to hit the town.
IT Cosmetics Eyelift in a Tube
6. PUR MINERALS CC CREAM* is one of my favorites that I don’t mention enough. It has SPF 40 so it’s a good addition to whatever other sunscreen I’m using. I love the coverage. Lately I’ve been applying it with a kabuki brush but I can easily use my fingers. I have it in Light and the shade is great for me. Why I’d take this with me is that I don’t have to follow up with a powder.
Pur Minerals CC Cream
7. PUR MINERALS CHATEAU CHEEKS CREAM BLUSH* are just a few of the cream blushes I love. What makes this summer beauty worthy is that it’s firm to the touch so it means that they won’t melt away. It only comes in two colors (Coy and Flirty) but they are both excellent. Both work great with the Gabriel Smokey Shimmer Eyeshadow Trio I picked.
Pur Minerals Chateau Cheeks Cream Blush in Flirt and Coy
8. IT COSMETICS HELLO LIGHT™ RADIANCE POWDER* is perfect for me to use in the summer. It’s not sparkly, there’s no glitter, there’s just glow. It can be used anywhere you need highlighting or it can be used as a finishing powder. There’s a light golden glow to it. Another IT Cosmetics favorite!
Hello Light Radiance Powder from IT Cosmetics
9. MALLY EVERCOLOR LIP MAGNIFIER* – it was difficult to pick from my lip crayon loves but Mally doesn’t get talked about enough and I love these lip crayons. The coverage is great, they are very smooth and there’s some lip plumping going on. My favorite is Princess Pink but there are 14 different shades at Ulta.com so you’ll surely find one you love.
Mally Beauty Princess Pink Lip Magnifier
10. HARD CANDY ALL GLOSSED UP HYDRATING LIP STAIN* is the $5 alternative to Mally or Tarte lip crayons. On Walmart.com there are just a few shades available but there are more when you go in person. These are just like the name states – hydrating, glossy and lightly staining. It wears away evenly on me but I’ve only tried a Cupcake which is pink so I don’t know about darker shades.
Hard Candy All Glossed Up Lip Hydrator
Here’s my 10 but now that I’m done I realize I should have included so much more, including nail polish. I guess you’ll have to keep coming back for more posts.
Have you used any of these products? Which are your favorites? — Marcia
Join the other bloggers to see what they’re wearing this summer.