I have become pretty open-minded about beauty products. Stuff I swore had to be a bad idea – like a rotating foundation brush (Doll10 BlendSmart Rotating Foundation Brush) and a facial cleansing oil (Enchanted Apothecary Clarity Cleansing Oil) have become favorites. So I’m game to try just about anything – even a blow dryer that doesn’t have a handle. My adventures in beauty have had some happy endings, so I was optimistic about the Dura Chi Handshot Hair Dryer ($145) sent to me by loxabeauty.com.
My hair stylist always uses and recommends Chi hair dryers. She says they are some of the best in the industry and they last forever. The Dura Chi Handshot Hair Dryer is definitely a high quality hair dryer that quickly dries hair and leaves it soft and shiny. What makes it unique is the body style – there is no handle, so you grip the body of the dryer instead. Or you can set it on a flat surface for hands-free styling.
- Handle-Free Design – promotes a more balanced and efficient drying angle that allows the stylist’s wrist to sit in a more comfortable position
- Touch Sensitive Screen – Easily controls temperature and speed levels with a single touch
- Ceramic Heater 1875 Watts of Power – Maintains consistent heat with ceramic heat technology.
- Soft Touch Grip and Grooves – Non-slip, soft touch grip offers control during use as well as molded finger grooves for additional comfort
- Hands-Free Drying Stand – Uniquely designed dryer stand enables the dryer to stand alone on a flat surface for hands-free drying capabilities
- 2 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty
I really had no idea how I was going to like it…I mean, how could a blow dryer not have a handle?? This hair dryer totally surprised me and I love it. It’s actually easier to use than a regular hair dryer because it goes in all sorts of positions without a handle in the way – somehow it’s more balanced. The body has a soft touch grip that means you aren’t going to drop it and it is very light and easy to maneuver. It also has a nifty touch-sensitive control screen that makes for all sort of combinations of heat and speed.
The Dura Chi Handshot Hair Dryer comes with nozzle and diffuser attachments – I tend to use the nozzle for my bangs, but when I want more all-over drying I go without any attachments. I am not sure how a stylist would like using a handle-free hair dryer all day, but for personal use I think this is amazing. If you are in the market for a new hair dryer, I highly recommend this. Go out of your comfort zone and take a chance. I think you will love your new adventures in hair drying! – Lisa
*sent for editorial consideration by loxabeauty.com