Is it possible to be in love with a makeup brush? I think it is because I am head over heels for the BrushCraft Oval 6 by Artis ($24.50)! I was actually reluctant to even try it…I hadn’t jumped on the fiber brush bandwagon at all because they looked so different from what I knew, and the brushes were so expensive I was afraid to try them. Now I can’t believe what I have been missing – and the BrushCraft brushes are wonderfully affordable. sample
Marcia raved about the Artis Brushes and the brush I have to review today is made by Artis. BrushCraft by Artis ($18.50 – $24.50, exclusively at BrushCraft.com and AHALife. com) is a line that focuses on combining ergonomics with design, function, and performance. The brush is made with NuFibre, which is extremely soft yet firm because in my brush – the Oval 6 – there are 60,000 individual fibres.
I just can’t rave enough about the blending power of the Oval 6. The size is perfect for foundation, contouring, or blush application. It works like a dream with cream and liquid products and is great for powder products as well. It makes every product look completely natural and gives an amazing finish. The beauty of this brush is the versatility – ultimately, you make a smaller investment and have less ‘stuff’ to juggle. I love a multi-tasker and the Oval 6 is the best makeup brush multi-tasker I have ever tried.
Here are all the things that make the BrushCraft brushes unique:
· Uniform Application – The NuFibre® fibre structure and tapered ends help apply product more consistently than animal hair. BrushCraft brushes on average have 3-10 times as many individual fibres as conventional brushes. For example, the Oval 6 has over 60,000 individual fibres each with a microscopically small and soft tip.
· Superior Blending – Every single NuFibre® filament has a tapered tip that ends in a microscopically fine structure which is only a few microns in diameter. This ultra-fine tip blends on a microscopic level, creating patterns so small they are imperceptible with the naked eye and enhancing the makeup look.
· Efficient Use Of Product – The uniform surface area of each NuFibre® helps pick up and lay down product, without holding on to it, with less product getting tapped along the fibre’s length and instead holding it between the fibre tips
· Retains Shape Better – NuFibre® is made with a proprietary material that has shape memory, retaining its shape better than conventional animal hairs. If a NuFibre® brush ever gets bent from compression during storage, revive the shape by passing the brush tips through steam or holding the brush under hot running water for a few seconds, reshaping, and then allowing it to dry back to its original shape.
· Versatility – NuFibre® keeps its shape more consistently, even though it has a smaller diameter than conventional hair. This helps the fibre perform well with powders, liquids or emollient-based products.
· Helps Avoid Sensitivities – An estimated 10% of the population is allergic to animal hair. For those with sensitive skin, NuFibre® provides an excellent animal-free alternative to conventional animal hair makeup brushes.
· Animal-Free Beauty® – All BrushCraft brushes are 100% Animal-Free. No animal hairs or by-products are ever used in making our products.
· Nufibre® Delivers Consistently Quality With Every Brush – NuFibre® is made using high tech production techniques that produce completely consistent fibres, ensuring that the quality of every brush will be the same, no matter when you buy it.
· Chemically Resistant – Resists excess water, alcohol, acids, detergent and won’t degrade from brush cleaning formulas.
· UV Resistant – NuFibre® is more resistant to UV than conventional animal hair makeup brushes and won’t degrade due to sun or light exposure.
· Wears Longer – BrushCraft brushes were wear-tested along with two grades of conventional brushes [prestige and mass] by having a simulated skin surface move against the brush bundles for 48 hours continuously. BrushCraft brushes suffered no damage, but a significant percentage of brush hair in both conventional brush categories broke and split.
· Very Gentle Feel During Application Of Makeup – BrushCraft brushes all have NuFibre that end in a micro soft tip that is so small it is measured in microns and can’t be seen with the naked eye. These tips provide a gentler feel than other brushes, so they don’t irritate the skin during application.
· Comfortable Fit – Traditional handle shape is not only classic, but feels familiar in the hand and fingers.
· Enhanced Performance – Each brush is sized and balanced to help provide a familiar feel to the brush, which helps enhance application and performance, while using fibre bundles that eliminate the need for a metal ferrule. The fibres are held in place by a proprietary method that allows the fibres to be positioned in new ways for makeup brushes. Most BrushCraft Brushes have the fibres aligned perpendicular to the handle and skin surface. This keeps the fibre tips continuously in contact with the skin during application and creates superior laydown and blending.
· Assists In Ease Of Application – Design helps facilitate self-application of makeup. The fibre alignment and the tilted handle aid in simplifying application and blending to one’s own face. The BrushCraft Brushes have matte finish surface on the handle. This helps the fingers better grip the handle and allows more control over makeup application.
· Durability – High tech resins, matte finishes, and durable monofilaments are used to help make this handmade brush more dependable and durable over its lifetime of use.
· More Modern – The BrushCraft Collection is both modern and classic at the same time. The aesthetics of the smooth flowing surface are pleasing to the eye.
There are four other brushes available in this line, including the BrushCraft Linear 1, BrushCraft Circle 1R, and BrushCraft Oval 3. I am so in love with the BrushCraft Oval 6 that I absolutely want every single one of them!
Do yourself a favor and GET THIS BRUSH. I will accept all gushing thank you’s with a huge smile and a big “I know, right????” – Lisa
*sent for editorial consideration
The BrushCraft Makeup Brush retails for $18.50 – $24.50.
It is available in the U.S. exclusively at BrushCraft.com and AHALife. com