My two choices for favorites are both still available to buy which is one of the reasons I picked them. But I found two surprises when I went to write about them. I chose both Armani ‘Eyes to Kill’ Intense Silk Eyeshadow in #6 ($33) and L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Bronzed Taupe (about $8). I wear these two more than any others in my stash. Surprise 1 is that they look almost identical on my eyes. I even wore them one day with Armani #6 on my left eye and L’Oreal Bronzed Taupe on my right eye and no one noticed even when I mentioned it. Surprise 2 is that Armani’s #6 is called Khaki Pulse. I think of the color khaki as that army green sort of shade but on my eyes this looks like a brown with gold shot through. L’Oreal’s Bronzed Taupe looks a little browner and a little less gold. I obviously don’t care that I have two similar shadows but for the price I’d probably advise you to get the L’Oreal.
As some of you know, Armani is owned by L’Oreal as is Lancome. All three brands have this texture of eyeshadow although for some reason I’m not crazy about the Lancome ones I bought as much as these two brands. So why do I like these shadows?
1) They wear fabulously on me. I always use an eyeshadow primer and I apply them with either a MAC 217 or 239 brush.
2) They go on like a dream without fallout. Yes they are shimmery but unlike pigments they don’t land on my face.
3) The complexity of the colors draws my eye to them. They aren’t flat. You can play with the intensity by the amount of blending you do. I tend to wear them on the dark side.
4) They don’t fade on me. They look as good at the end of the day as when I started.
5) Because of the consistency there’s no tugging or pulling on my eyelids. I have enough age lines there so I don’t need to add anymore.
I was going to go out and buy something new for this Makeup Wars but when I have what I consider to be perfection then there just isn’t any need to do that. Of course as soon as I click through the links below to see what my fellow Makeup Wars bloggers pick it might just be a moot point as I might just go shopping. Do you have any favorites among this genre of eyeshadow? — Marcia
Please join me in reading what my fellow Makeup Wars friends have chosen.
Nothing to disclose. To see previous Makeup Wars click here.