Mother’s Day is just around the corner and if you are like me then you are still trying to think of a gift for someone dear to you. Gifts don’t just have to be to mothers – they can be for daughter-in-laws, grandmothers, a dear friend or aunt, or even yourself. Here are 10 plus that I’d love to see wrapped up for me. Starting at 12:00 and going clockwise are….
1. SEPHORA SUMMERTIME FAVORITES – I don’t have this but it’s loaded with items I love or want to love. For $45 you’ll find a cosmetic bag filled with this amazing collection
– 0.049 oz Stila Cosmetics Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow in Kitten
– 0.08 oz Nars Travel Size Laguna Bronzing Powder
– 0.095 oz Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Pink Escape
– 0.27 oz Deborah Lippman Nail Lacquer in Mermaid’s Dream
– 0.018 oz Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in 12L
– 0.08 oz Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Stained Gloss in New Wave with Lip Brush
– 0.23 oz Buxom Divine Goddess Luminizer in Venus
– 0.5 oz Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
– 0.09 oz Marc Jacobs Mini Lash Lifter Mascara in Blacquer
2. A GIRL’S GOTTA SPA ENERGIZING CITRUS BODY LOTION AND BODY WASH – I’d love these because as much as I splurge on cosmetics, I don’t splurge on body products. A Girl’s Gotta Spa! bath and body products are free of trendy ingredients, bogus miracle solutions and product hype. They’re cruelty-free (in fact, we’re Leaping Bunny certified.) They’re also free of sulfates, formaldehyde, petrochemicals, synthetic colors and fragrances. What our natural body wash and natural lotion do have, is something purely honest and simple, something effective and unpretentious. They are made in small batches to give you the highest quality product possible. It is an elucidation to your dry skin care woes and satiates your senses. I am partial to citrus fragrances in products so I just know these would make me (and you) happy.
3. PACK A HAT by Capelli Straworld – a great summer treat for anyone who loves to be outside. This is a hat that folds into a purse so you can carry it anywhere. I’ll be reviewing it soon but until then you should check these out since they’ll make walking, gardening, spending time near the water and just about everything you do outside much prettier.
4. STELLA & DOT JEWELRY AND ACCESSORIES – this is my Mother’s Day present to myself. I bought a 30″ dainty ball chain with the initials of my two grandchildren. It’s not a statement piece (Stella & Dot carries some beauties) but it’s a piece that shows my love. I’ve linked to my wonderful representative, Darcy Sieber, in case you don’t have one. After ordering this I had it in 4 days!!
Stella & Dot
5. and 6. SUBSCRIPTION BOXES – I’m a huge fan of subscription boxes and think there’s one for everyone and every budget. For $21 a month you can order GLOSSYBOX and get someone full size and deluxe samples of skincare and cosmetics; for $7 a month you can order COLOR ME MONTHLY which delivers a surprise nail polish shade; for $36 a month you can order one of three WANTABLE boxes (cosmetics, accessories or intimates) and for $49.95 you can order FAB FIT FUN which has a little bit of everything. A subscription box gift is perfect for those far away from you or for a last minute “oops I forgot”. You pick the number of months so you can keep it in your budget.
7. LISA HOFFMAN SCENTED JEWELRY – there are a lot of items you can order from Lisa Hoffman that make very unusual gifts. My blog partner Lisa adores this line so when I asked her to pick a favorite fragrance for me to share today this is what she chose. This particular one is the Kerala Ashok Garden Bracelet that you fill with the scented beads but there are others that she’s crazy about too.
8. LUSH MUM’S GIFT SET – While Lush has beautiful gifts for all occasions there is something special about this Mum’s Gift Set. The Mum Gift Set has seven different floral-scented products, including two bath bombs, three bubble bars, a body lotion and a face moisturizer. It’s everything your mom needs to smell amazing after a bit of pampering. And I bet she’ll share too.
9. CLARISONIC ARIA INDULGENCE GIFT SET – I chose this since more mom’s know about the Clarisonic than the Foreo Luna plus it’s a great set that not only contains the new Aria but also 1.7 oz Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, 0.5 oz Josie Maran Argan Oil Light, and 0.23 oz Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm. You’ll get a lot for the $199 that this normally costs by itself.
10. MONT BLEU – I could have done a post just on buying Mont Bleu products for Mother’s Day but I chose just 3 of the hundreds of beautiful items. I have the heart key chain and smile every time I pick up my keys. I can distinguish between the two cars with ease plus it’s a heart!! The business card case shown is perfect if you have a working mom and the hairbrush is just to die for! You can find every price item at Mont Bleu and you absolutely won’t be disappointed. The shipping is reasonable and quick.
Out of all of these I think my own elderly mother would most enjoy the Lisa Hoffman bracelet since she’d have something different than the other ladies in her senior citizen apartment building. For me I’d love more Mont Bleu and A Girl’s Gotta Spa products.
Join the other bloggers to see what they chose. It’s always fun to see the differences. — Marcia