We love testing anything color at the BIZ, but our favorite is probably eyeshadow and eyeliner. They are like magic markers and crayons for adults! Jesse’s Girl, the fashion-forward yet budget conscious line, sent us some great eye products to play with and we can’t wait to share them with you today. Get ready to play!
I just can’t over the prices on these products!! The Eye Shadow Primer has an excellent price and come on – at just four bucks, why not buy all five versions of the 9 Pan Eyeshadow Compact?? These are products to really experiment with – try all those fun looks on Pinterest without any guilt!
The Eye Shadow Primer is very nice. It’s a silky primer that isn’t too wet. It creates a smooth canvas for eyeshadows and increases wear time. I find that when I use this, I get far less creasing, especially with cream eyeshadows.
The 9 Pan Eyeshadow Compact is nine pans of playtime. I have Dream Girl, which is a collection of super pretty neutral shades that range from creamy off white to deep shimmery brown. The one black sheep color is the deep purple shade which seems a little out of place, but it actually makes for a great addition to the slew of variations of tan, beige, and taupe.
There is everything anyone could need for a neutral eye in this palette and the deep purple and deep shimmery brown are great for lining or for some lid or crease drama. You will want to layer to get more color payoff, but hey, at this price why not go crazy??
There are four other options available, including Tickled Pink, The Eyes Have It, Brown Eyed Girl, and Behind Blue Eyes. (photos from jessesgirl.com)
The texture of these shadows vary a bit from pan to pan, but overall they are not too powdery. They go on sheer but you can build them up for more color. They blend well and wear well, especially when I wear them along with the Eye Shadow Primer. And again, at this price, you just can’t go wrong!!
Marcia’s having fun with Liquid Eyeliners ($6.99)
I don’t leave the house without eyeliner. It’s a necessity to me and at $6.99 each I can have as many as I’d want. That’s where Jesse’s Girl comes into play. I was sent 4 shades and promptly went out and bought 1 more, that’s how much I like them.
I wear liquid eyeliner 90% of the time with gel liners and pencils making up the other 10%. I seem to have a knack for putting them on. Even with crinkly lids at times I get a smooth straight line with these Jesse’s Girl eyeliners.
They are available in 6 shades – 2 Waterproof Eyeliners in Black and Dark Brown and 4 playful shades in Violet, Snow White, Blue Hawaii, and Olive. Something for everyone and a color for every look.
I love the point on these since they are thin yet sturdy. As long as I shake them up before use I get a steady line without skipping. And they last really well. One of my eyes tears up often at the end and they will fade there but not disappear.
Believe it or not it’s really hard to find a dark brown liquid eyeliner that doesn’t pull red. Everyone makes black eyeliner but not everyone makes dark brown which is what I wear most of the time. Jesse’s Girl Dark Brown Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner is one of the best I’ve found in the drugstore. Luckily the Rite Aid closest to my house has Jesse’s Girl on display so I had no trouble finding it in person.
Black has an almost patent effect so it’s shiny, Dark Brown is exactly what it should be (rich and a true brown), Lilac is just the most fun shade as it’s a very pretty purple that adds a great touch, White is a true white and one you won’t find anywhere else at this price, and Blue Hawaii looks like a true ocean blue.
Water, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, CI 77266, Butylene Glycol, Laureth -21, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoloxyethanol, Methylparaben, Dilaureth-10 Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA
If you are a novice at applying liquid eyeliner these are a perfect place to start. You want something that gives you a substantial container to hold onto and you want a brush that isn’t going to flop, bend, or smear. The tip of Jesse’s Girl is perfect IMO. I’m not a novice and I find these to be great and easy to work with.
We’ve been having a ball using all of our Jesse’s Girl products. The prices are right so there’s plenty of room to play. They have products for girls who want to have fun, women who are serious about their makeup, and people who like to experiment without going broke. Have your eyes been having fun? No matter what you answer introduce them to Jesse’s Girl.
*most were sent for review
products available at Rite Aid and jessesgirl.com
What’s 4″ x 2″ x 1/2″ and holds everything…March 10, 2019