Walgreens® and Procter & Gamble have created something fun for all of us and it’s totally free. Every single Walgreens® in the country, bar none, will have a “Night at the W™,” for us beauty lovers. “Night at the W™,” will be on Thursday, January 10th from 4-9 p.m so you can stop in when it’s most convenient for you. They call this the official party of the People’s Choice Awards. Now why would you want to do this? Because you can win prizes to make you red carpet ready even if the carpet you walk on isn’t red and isn’t going into a big event. We all want to start 2013 looking our best. We make New Year’s Resolutions about taking better care of ourselves, losing weight, exercising so why not looking better too.
Walgreens® and Procter & Gamble have worked with Tim Gunn to create some tips for all of us. After you read them you’ll have a chance to win some items to help recreate what Tim Gunn shares right here on Beauty Info Zone.
Tim Gunn’s tips:
* Get a Camera-Ready Smile: A bright white smile is absolutely necessary whether you’re walking the red carpet or the runway. A simple tip I tell all the runway models is use something like a Crest Whitestrips. There’s this 2 hour treatment you can put on when you are getting ready.
* Get Ready for Your Close-Up: When it comes to facial hair removal, there’s nothing to be ashamed of, and there’s everything to gain. Olay has something new that is perfect for this and because it’s from Olay you know your skin will look fabulous!
* Every day is a new chance for you to “walk the runway,” so I like to encourage woman to try new things whether it be a new lipstick or nail color.
* Some of the most stunning looks I have seen lately are topped off with healthy-thick hair. Not every woman has thick hair and as women age their hair tends to thin. There is a new hair thickening product on the market from Pantene that will give you that gorgeous hair.
* To keep your skin glowing, it is important to stay hydrated by using a good moisturizer and drinking lots of water. And you can make your features pop with the right makeup and brightest smile.
Now for the giveaway – you can win a sample package of Crest® 2 HR Express Whitestrips; Olay® Facial Hair Removal (Medium to Coarse); Pantene® Expert Collection AgeDefy Thickening Treatment, CoverGirl® Clump Crusher (Very Black); CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss Balm; and CoverGirl Nail Gloss.
This whole prize is great and will be sent to one US based subscriber. I can’t help but have favorites though. I had recently bought CoverGirl® Clump Crusher mascara after some of my fellow bloggers raved about it in a recent Makeup Wars. It’s absolutely clump proof no matter how many coats of mascara you put on. CoverGirl® has new nail polishes out called Nail Gloss and these are beautiful and so shiny – no need for a top coat because the shine is built in. I received a sample box in order to tell you about the “Night at the W™” and my polish is #275 which is a dark, sultry Wine Stain. The CoverGirl® LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm I received is Toffee Twist, a great nude lip crayon that twists up so you don’t have to sharpen it. I don’t know what colors you’ll get in the Nail Gloss or Jumbo Gloss Balm but the two I received are terrific.
Our giveaway goes until January 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. EST. But only one person can win. We all want to be winners so get yourself to Walgreens® on January 10th between 4 and 9 and see what goodies they might be giving away along with tips to be Red Carpet Ready. I’ll be there!! — Marcia
*products sent for review and for giveaway