A good friend of mine once said, “It’s all about two things: skin and hair.” I took it to heart and put all of my efforts into having great skin and great hair – and I think she is a genius. Great hair in particular just makes EVERYTHING better. Here are my picks for awesome holidays gifts for creating lustrous locks!
1. Mastey Color Protecting Shampoo, Restorative Mask, and Oil Treatment: I can’t get over this fabulous 100% vegan and completely eco-friendly salon line. I never even knew about it until about 6 months ago and I have not only finished everything I’ve tried, I’ve actually stood there in the shower with an empty bottle trying to wish more product into it.
Big favorites of mine include the Color Protecting Shampoo (SAVE! $34), which does a great job of washing my oddball hair – oily roots, dry ends, tons of hair but it’s very fine, color treated, mid-back length…yeah, not many people have all the weird issues I have, so when I find something that works it usually works for everyone else. This creamy shampoo has great ingredients like argan oil and olive oil, and is so gentle you can also use it as a face and body cleanser. The Restorative Mask (SAVE! $22) is an incredible deep conditioning treatment that soothes dry, damaged ends with Omega-3, Omega-6, and Omega-9, Argan Oil, Olive Oil, and Grape Seed Extract. The Oil Treatment (SAVE! $25) is hair treatment perfection in a bottle. Not too heavy for fine hair, but still nourishing and conditioning.
2. Philip B. Rejuvenating Oil (SAVE! $30) This is a VERY interesting hair product – a perfect stocking stuffer for the hair aficionado who has everything but wants even more. You put this on dry hair before washing. It sinks into every single strand of hair, plumping it up for the most possible volume. It makes hair super strong and shiny, and it is also a scalp ‘detox’, getting rid of any built up product and oil. My ends can get very dry and frizzy because I do a lot of heat styling, and this treatment never fails to bring me back to bouncy, shiny hair. Another bonus – it can be used on keratin treated hair!
3. White Sands Leave In Spray Conditioner (SAVE! $15) I love a good leave-in conditioner and this one from White Sands is superb. It has something called ‘selective conditioning’, which reminds me of my ‘selective listening’ skills (say work and I tune out…say chocolate and you have my full attention!). The Leave In Spray Conditioner hones in on frazzled areas to repair and smooth, giving already healthy areas a lighter treatment.
4. KISS Instawave (SPLURGE! $60) This is cool. I am totally uncoordinated when it comes to hair styling and it took me about 10 seconds to get the hang of this. The curler does the work for you, wrapping hair around the diamond-ceramic ionic hair curler. My hair is LONG, so usually these types of devices do not work for me, but this works on any length and gives me a loose, wavy curl that lasts all day.
5. Conair Infiniti Pro Curl Secret (SPLURGE! $100) You want curls that last for three days? The Conair Infiniti Pro delivers. This fantastic tool has a learning curve – it took me several times to figure out how to use it correctly for my particular hairstyle – but it has become my go-to for my best curled hair look that lasts several days. Curls are created via the tourmaline ceramic barrel inside the curling machine. You need to section hair, putting each piece in at a time. The machine pulls hair in, curling it tightly and closely to the heated barrel. A beeper tells you when hair is finished, and the Infiniti Pro Curl Secret releases the hair – and it’s fabulously curled. You can decide how tight you want your curl. For me, my hair is so long that I can only do about 3/4 of the length…but oh my, the curls this gives!! Long, wavy, flowy curls that look amazing finger brushed the first day. The second and third day I use a brush and the curl is still there holding strong. Because I have so much hair, the curling is time intensive – about 20 minutes, compared to the 10 minutes with the KISS Instawave – but the results are always worth it. This is a fantastic gift for anyone who wants tons of curls – loose, medium, or tight – that just won’t go limp. – Lisa
*samples sent for editorial consideration; affiliate links
How do we know it’s fall? Pumpkin is everywhere!!!! But not all pumpkin…November 2, 2017