Holiday parties. They can be so much fun…or they can be so embarrassing thanks to unforeseen fashion emergencies. Help is here with 5 essentials to save you from potentially embarrassing situations…who wants to be the subject of the water cooler gossip on Monday? Not us, and we won’t be with these awesome situational saviors that are all available at Ulta Beauty.
1. What is worse than making small talk with someone who has nasty breath? Finding out later that YOU were the source of the nastiness. The perfect antidote to bad breath (and exactly what you need to prevent it from happening in the first place) are the EV32 Breath Treatment Crystals. My favorite flavor is Peppermint, and an 18 pack is only $15 – a small price to pay for minty-fresh, inoffensive breath you can count on. A hip alternative to gum or mints, they ‘pop’ in your mouth – sort of like Pop Rocks (those of you who grew up in the 1980’s remember those!) and they fit perfectly in your purse.
2. Ok, bad breath is awful…but how about looking down and realizing you have a big old wet ring under your arms? I love the Pacifica Underarm Deodorant Wipes ($9). A single swipe keeps sweat at a minimum and does double duty as a deodorant as well. These are must-haves at a party, especially when you know that super cute guy from accounting is going to be there too.
3. Look, we all know – everybody poops. However, a holiday party is the WORST place to suddenly have an emergency digestion issue, but it’s all the more likely thanks to that rich food you aren’t used to eating. What is a girl to do??? Always carry a bottle of Poo-Pourri Before You Go Toilet Spray ($10). This stuff works. Just spray it on the top of the toilet water and regardless of the intensity or duration of your toilet emergency, there will be NO lingering scent. Everyone should have one of these. I have a friend whose mother puts one in everyone’s stocking each Christmas. No joke – get this!
4. So you are at a party and happen to look into a mirror. You suddenly realize that it looks like you’ve been up for an entire week binge-watching Homeland. Oh, and you also have a big old zit that definitely wasn’t there an hour ago. Duck into the bathroom and take care of both instantly with IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer ($24, the travel size is only $10!). The tube is a perfect size for your purse and the concealer looks totally natural but covers even the darkest circles, the biggest zits, and the most glaring red spots.
5. As careful as you might be getting ready, it’s inevitable – you get to the party and see gray roots that weren’t showing before. Or, your hair has gotten as oily as a 13-year-old boy who hasn’t showered in 48 hours. Or, your hairdo has fainted and become a flat, sad hair don’t. No worries if you have your travel size can of AG HAIR Travel Size Brunette Dry Shampoo (10.95)! This handy-dandy stuff makes oily roots, flat hair, and grey roots disappear like magic.
Don’t be afraid of those holiday parties…with these 5 miracles from Ulta Beauty you can party with total confidence!! – Lisa #UltaTrendAlert #StyleHunters4Ulta @UltaBeauty
Earlier this week, Marcia told you about two fabulous IT Cosmetics LE holiday brush sets…November 30, 2017