Marie Louise’s Cleansing Clear Gel is my latest skincare obsession. This is unlike any product I’ve tried and I’m really enjoying the way it cleans my face. What makes this different is that it’s a true makeup remover. So many cleansing products just cleanse your skin but don’t necessarily remove your makeup properly. The Cleansing Clear Gel though is made specifically for the job of removing your foundation, powder, blush and all the other products you’ve loaded on your face. It gently removes my makeup while cleansing and hydrating my skin at the same time.
The process of using this is different, at least for me. Directions say to start with a totally dry face and totally dry hands. Even though it can be used morning and evening I’m saving this for evening since I prefer this soft gel’s ability to eliminate the oils I’ve built up during the day as well as my makeup. I don’t need much of the gel to do the job. The directions recommend using a quarter size amount but I don’t find I need that much.
Here are my steps. I first remove my eye makeup with a specific eye makeup remover.
- Start with a dry face.
- Squeeze out the preferred amount onto my dry hand.
- Rub my hands together to emulsify and warm up the gel.
- Smooth over my entire face using a circular motion; the warmth of my hands helps the gel soften for a deeper cleansing.
- I add water after the gel liquefies (though you don’t actually have to) to get more emulsification from the cleanser.
- Finally I rinse with lukewarm water and a muslin cloth but you can also just wipe it off with a sponge or cotton pad.
- Sometimes I’ll follow with a toner, sometimes I’ll go right for my moisturizer like Marie Louise Crème a-VC Facial Moisturizer .
- Once or twice a week I use Marie Louise Restoration Clear Gel (Exfoliating Gel) after I’ve used the Cleansing Clear Gel.
This is the third product I’ve added to my skincare regimen from Marie Louise. All three are ones I can highly recommend. Marie Louise uses something called Deep Sea Concentrate to help make their products more effective. This adds in minerals like magnesium, calcium and potassium. They also use Vitamins A, C and E as well as algae extracts, hyaluronic acid, hydrolyzed yeast and ceramides. Now I’m not a scientist but I know that their pure ingredients are helping to make my skin look more youthful, more hydrated and fresher feeling. I’m fighting age daily and Marie Louise Cosmetics is helping me to do that.
Now that you’ve learned all about Marie Louise and this great cleanser, here’s a chance for you to win one for yourself. Marie Louise has again generously provided one of their products to readers of Beauty Info Zone. You have two opportunities to enter this contest. Please read and follow the rules or your entry may be eliminated. You must be a subscriber to Beauty Info Zone to enter.
- Comment on this post about why you think Cleansing Clear Gel would be a good product for your skin.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us the name you used to make your comment.
- For a second entry go to Marie Louise’s Facebook page (link) and like (follow) them.Marie Louise always has contests on their Facebook link so it’s very beneficial to you to follow them.
- Email us AGAIN at email@example.com and tell us what your Facebook name is.
- The contest is open to US and Canadian residents only. Ending date is Sunday Feb. 13th at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Marie Louise always has specials on their website and often has contests on Facebook. That’s how I first learned about the line, I won a contest! Discover this line yourself and maybe you too can be a facial winner. — Marcia
Disclosure: products have been sent by the company for review and contest purposes.