It’s Top Ten Tuesday and we’re going red. Each blogger is picking their favorite red items so they could be anything. I’m all about red nails. I love red nail polish and wore it for years and years. I’d wear pink in the summer and red the rest of the year. I’ve expanded horizons but to me there’s nothing like a good red. If it’s metallic, that’s all the better.
In no particular order here are the reds I can wear again and again and never tire of. In the meantime my nail drawers are filled with more reds but I narrowed it down to:
1. butter LONDON Knees Up – this metallic red speaks for itself. It lasts and lasts and shines the entire time. This is one of my very favorite butter LONDON polishes and it’s still available.
2. a-england Perceval – this is called a ‘splendid and resplendent red’ by a-england and it’s definitely splendid. I am a big fan of a-england polishes and would own them all if I could. This deep ruby has a subtle shimmer that makes it perfect.
3. FACE Stockholm 128 – This polish was in one of my Wantable subscription boxes and I’ve never been so happy to see a polish. 128 is the perfect red that is ultimately wearable. I love a cool red and this does the job.
4. Illamasqua Scarab – I haven’t worn this polish in forever and in my mind it was redder than it shows on the wheel. Instead it’s a stunning deep burgundy with subtle shimmer that’s a touch metallic.
5. FABY Lacquer in Hibiscus Bloom – A little known Italian brand that makes gorgeous polish. This beautiful red has some pink shimmer in it to make it even more special.
6. Color Me Monthly Just For You – I’m wearing this right now actually because it’s a beautiful metallic red and I can’t resist metallic red shades. CMM is a monthly subscription for $7 a month. When you receive a color like this, you know it’s the right subscription service to belong to. This is currently available for $9 in their Vault and I highly recommend it.
7. Zoya Lisa – I bought Lisa in one of Zoya’s sales and it was the best choice. I love the shimmer in this because it’s definitely there yet it’s subtle and easy to remove. It’s a cherry red which I especially love in the summer.
8. ncLA Satin Sheets Velvet Ropes – What can I say? It’s red, it lasts, it’s cruelty-free, and it’s beautiful.
9. Pixi Beauty Good Jul! nail polish – A beautiful warmer red than most of my other picks. Pixi makes some fabulous polishes and this one proves it.
10.. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in Red Eye – This is new to me and boy do I love it. I hated to buy the top coat too but now that I’ve had a chance to experience one of the polishes I’ll go back for more. On the Sally Hansen site there are so many beautiful shades of Miracle Gel.
Take a chance on a red polish. It will gather attention and put a big smile on your face. What are your favorite red polishes? There is always room in my life for more. — Marcia
Join the Top Ten Tuesday team to see what reds fulfill their dreams.