I’ve mentioned these Covergirl products before but I can’t help it – I’m mentioning them again. That’s because I don’t want you to miss out on them, especially the trunaked palettes that Covergirl has out now. I’m hoping that they are permanent since there are 3 and I “only” have one. As an eyeshadow lover I just can’t help but be attracted to all three of the palettes: Nudes, Roses, and Goldens. I was sent Nudes and I’ve been trying to track down the other two after experiencing the quality of this $12 palette.
If you are a neutral eyeshadow lover then you definitely will be interested in Covergirl trunaked Nudes palette . With 8 shades that are a mix of matte, satin, and shimmer the gamut is covered. There isn’t a look you can’t do with this palette; it works day and night; subtle and smokey. I think the texture of the shadows is great. They are soft and blend easily. There is some fallout so they aren’t perfect but using these with an eyeshadow primer they’ll last the day.
1) Buff has a satin finish and is a slightly shiny brow or lid shade.
2) Shell is a matte that barely shows up on me which is something I need in my collection. It’s great for blending and as a browbone shade.
3) Champagne is a shimmery amber champagne shade that adds some life to your browbone or lid.
4) Fawn is a great matte light brown. It truly feels like silk. It’s a great transition shade plus I’ve used it to tone down the darker shades.
5) Mink is my favorite shade in the palette. It’s a golden taupe that I wear on my lid. This is the type of shade I could wear just about daily without tiring of it.
6) Cocoa is another matte that’s just as it sounds. This isn’t too dark but it isn’t too light. It goes on so smoothly that it’s hard for me to believe it’s a matte.
7) Coffee is another favorite. This has a light shimmer to it and is one of those dark browns that I’m drawn to time and again.
8) Sable, another matte, is just short of being black. It’s like they took black and then added in some brown to soften it. While it looks intense in the palette, it’s really an easy to wear shade.
Don’t ask me why but but my swatches are in the wrong order. You can see the brown in Sable more in my swatch than on my eyes. Also Mink doesn’t have that copper tone, it’s really taupe once on.
To complement the shadows and have a soft but moist lip look, don’t forget about oh sugar! tinted lip balms.
These will give you a soft look that looks as good when you are naked as when you are clothed.
Have you had the pleasure of finding any of these Covergirl trunaked palettes yet? — Marcia
*sent for editorial consideration, affiliate links