November always makes me a little panicky. I know that the holiday season will be here in a flash and with my son in college, the expense of gifts is especially daunting. This year I am focusing on DIY gifts and with our Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar giveaway you can too!
Besides the fact DIY gifts are pocket-book friendly, they are also so much more personal than a gift card. Nielsen-Massey has truly beautiful vanilla products that aren’t just yummy, they make perfect ingredients for beauty treatments that are so easy to make! I love their Vanilla Body Scrub recipe that uses Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar (Nielsen-Massey sent us the product to test).
Vanilla Body Scrub
1 cup Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 or 2 drops of an essential oil such as lavender, eucalyptus, etc.
Decorative, waterproof container
Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
Spoon into a decorative, waterproof container.
Wrap in decorative paper.
Instructions for use: Apply a small amount to damp skin while in shower or bath. Gently scrub skin with a soft washcloth. Rinse thoroughly.
This is a heavenly body scrub that leaves skin wonderfully soft and smooth. My favorite essential oils to use are either lemon or jasmine.
Of course, the Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar is also a great gift just by itself. It’s a combination of gourmet baker’s sugar and Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract. Use it as your sugar in baking, sprinkle it in your coffee or hot cocoa, or sprinkle it on some fruit for a delicious dessert. It comes in a beautiful 8.5 oz. glass jar, and it is all sorts of yummy!!
Here are some more great packaging tips from Nielsen-Massey for personalized handmade gifts:
- Package homemade biscotti, cookies, or even body products in vintage tins or jars. A beautiful container is an additional gift that the recipient can keep long after the handmade gift is gone.
- Instead of using traditional wrapping paper or gift bags, wrap boxes in craft paper and decorate with pens and markers. Wrap jars and bottles in fabric, burlap, or a pretty kitchen towel and secure it with colorful striped baker’s twine.
- Attach a Christmas ornament to the outside of the package in lieu of a traditional gift tag. Ornaments can be treasured for years to come.
- Include a hand-written note or card with the recipe for your gift – it is the gift that keeps on giving!
- Vanilla Bean Marshmallows
- Decadent Holiday Fudge
- Cinnamon Vanilla Candied Almonds
- Gourmet Blueberry Vanilla Granola
- Sweet and Spicy BBQ Rub
- Chocolate Coffee Biscotti
Enter our giveaway today and you can make a Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Body Scrub or your own DIY holiday gift!
This fabulous US giveaway runs through November 11/23/14 at 11:59 p.m. (If comments aren’t open please comment on our Facebook page or email me at marciaandlisa@). — Lisa
*giveaway prize courtesy of Nielsen-Massey #NMVHolidays