Pretty things are great, but sometimes function is more important. Here are some awesome stocking stuffers, Hanukkah gifts, and holiday gifts that are BIZ tested and recommended! Any one of these options will look fabulous all wrapped up and are sure to become staples items for your down to earth, practical-minded giftee.
1. Natracare Organic Cleansing Makeup Removal Wipes ($7.49): These are some of the softest, gentlest makeup remover wipes I’ve tried. They are more on the ‘wet’ side, and while they remove makeup and dirt they don’t irritate the skin. Available at drugstore.com, Walgreens.com, and Amazon.com.
2. Coast to Coast Soothing Aqua Serum ($40): This is a beautiful serum that leaves skin moist, plump, and healthy. It is a particularly excellent gift for those who do a lot of traveling – awesome for a little lift on the plane while flying from coast to coast! You can find this at Ulta.com.
3. The Magic Pads ($19.95): How about some magic under the tree? These skin treatment pads have wonderful ingredients including glycolic acid, organic willow bark, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin E in an organic aloe vera juice base. The Magic Pads clear up blemishes, shrink the appearance of pores, and exfoliate skin all in one swipe. You can find these at www.themagicpads.com
4. Mad Hippie Eye Cream ($24.99): Perfect for the non-traditionalist on your list, this eye cream features a slew of peptides and antioxidants in a truly elegant formulation. The packaging is beyond cute, and this is an eye cream that really delivers. Available at www.madhippie.com
5. Strivectin TL Advanced™ Tightening Neck Cream ($95): I slather this on every morning and every night and I am loving the results! The neck and decolletage show age more quickly than any other body part, and this beautiful thick cream is just what is needed to keep that delicate area moisturized and free of crepey skin – plus it rebuilds elastin fibers. Available at StriVectin.com
6. Le Beurre Shea Butter Body Cream (8 oz. $22): This shea butter cream feels like luxury, but it’s a major workhorse for dry winter skin. It melts right in, making skin super happy with grapeseed, jojoba, and vitamin E. Choose from five beautiful scents, including Lavender, Vanilla, Lemongrass, Sage and Unscented. Available at www.lebeurreshop.com (pick up a Shea Butter Lip Balm while you are there!)
7. Scala Collezione Rain Hat ($25): Talk about fashionable and functional! This jaunty rain hat is a truly perfect holiday gift that will be hugely appreciated. LW281 is one of Scala’s best-selling rain hats, and is available in black, charcoal, wine and khaki. Made of nylon, it protects your hairdo while looking pretty darn awesome. Get yourself one while you are at it!
8. Mally City Chick Smokey Eye Kit ($40): Now here is a perfect eyeshadow palette for any chick, city or rural. There are ten different color combinations from which to choose. Every combo of creamy eyeshadows has wonderful neutral shades that are both beautiful and practical. Available at www.mallybeauty.com
9. Priti Nail Polish neutrals ($15 each): What is a great practical stocking stuffer? Some fabulous neutral nail polish. My pick is Priti Nail Polish, particularly the shades Ginger Snap Orchid, opaque light creamy nude, Nodding Lilac, opaque soft lilac, and Moss Campion, opaque creamy light taupe. Available at www.pritinyc.com
10. Dove White Beauty Bar ($5.00): You can’t go wrong with this classic! What a great stocking stuffer. People swear by this bar soap that removes makeup without stripping the skin.
Stay tuned for more great holiday gift guides, including a list of fabulous finds for the glam girl on your list! – Lisa
*items sent for editorial consideration