Welcome to my Top Ten Tuesday skincare post. When I was putting it together I realized that I’m super heavy on one brand. As a beauty blogger I’m always testing different brands and there are a lot that I like but then something else arrives to be tested and it’s time to move on. The products I’ve chosen though are the ones that I’ve either bought after using it up or would buy again. It feels a little like picking your favorite child though. *items were sent for review, **items were sent for review plus repurchased by me — Marcia
1. ALGENIST REGENERATIVE ANTI-AGING ULTRA RICH CREAM** – I really love the Algenist brand for skincare and I’m lucky to have a lot in my arsenal. The Regenerative Anti-Aging Ultra Rich Cream is perfect for winter. It’s definitely rich and very moisturizing. I used up my entire jar last winter so I had to start this year with a new one. I like all of the Algenist moisturizers I’ve tried but for winter, this is the one!
2. KIEHL’S POWERFUL WRINKLE REDUCING CREAM* – I often use this moisturizer at night. It’s a great one to put on after a serum. I love the ingredients that want to fight the fine lines and wrinkles (Copper PCA, Calcium PCA, Apricot Kernel Oil) and I love that there’s NO fragrance!
3. ALGENIST RETINOL FIRMING AND LIFTING SERUM* – This is fairly new in my skincare regime but it’s quickly become a favorite. It’s moisturizing and works to help boost collagen so that those wrinkles don’t pop out. I have another serum I like a lot too but this one is the one I keep grabbing for since it works perfectly with my Algenist Ultra-Rich Cream.
3. MICHAEL TODD KNU SERUM* – Yes, there are two #3′s. That’s because the more I thought about it, the more I realized I just had to include this wonderful KNU Anti-Aging Serum. I’ve been testing it for review and I love what it does for my skin. Don’t yelp at the price because I’ve found this for as low as $28. I’ve learned too that bloggers of all ages are just as excited about the KNU serum as I am since it has such great anti-aging ingredients to help prevent loss of elasticity. Review upcoming.
4. PETER THOMAS ROTH UN-WRINKLE ILLUMINATOR* – I use this moisturizer when my skin is looking blah. It has great illuminating that works underneath foundation without any sparkle showing through. It’s called an Instant Brightening Moisturizer and that’s what it does. I can wear it over foundation too so that I look less ghostly.
5. SOMME INSTITUTE DOUBLE DEFENSE, SPF 30+ ** – Somme Institute has fabulous skincare. It’s a brand that I recommend all the time. I’ve rebought every single product they make. Don’t tell anyone but Hautelook carries the line several times a year so the savings is terrific. I only use the Double Defense in the winter. It’s a very rich and moisturizing SPF product and is too heavy for me in the summer. But for winter it’s the best.
6. SOMME INSTITUTE TRANSPORT PADS** – This is another Somme Institute product that I love. The pads are for toning and exfoliating. They work best if they are followed by their Serum but they work great without too. These help keep my pores from becoming clogged. On Hautelook I’ve twice bought the double size jar, that’s how much I like these.
7. RoC RETINOL CORRECTION DAILY RESURFACING DISKS* – These discs are pretty new to me but I can already see how well they work. The way these are different from the Somme besides the price ($9.99) is that these are foaming so I have to wash after I use these. The two sides are have different textures. They do the same job as Transport and the cost savings is terrific.
8. ALGENIST EYE RENEWAL BALM** – You know I couldn’t do skincare without eye creams. My favorite product. Algenist’s Eye Renewal Balm is just so moisturizing. It’s great a.m. because of the caffeine in it and great p.m. because of all the great moisturizing ingredients.
9. DERMAdoctor WRINKLE REVENGE rescue & protect eye balm** – Another favorite even with this long name. This is great for puffiness and dark circles which my insomnia exacerbates. Definitely a winner.
10. FOREO LUNA CLEANSING SYSTEM* – This cleansing machine has left all others in the dust (or gathering dust actually). It’s gentle, it’s efficient, it doesn’t need to be plugged in very often and to top it off, it massages your skin. This may be expensive but it should be on the top of any wishlist you have for your holiday gifts.
Now that you’ve seen the 10, I mean 11, I remembered about go visit my fellow Top Tenners to see what else they can recommend. I expect all of us to have the best skin ever this winter. — Marcia