Last weekend I was what we call in Michigan a ‘hunting widow’ – the hubby went to Ohio, and he even took the kids with him. That meant I was finally home alone. So of course I spent my weekend searching for someone to hang out with since I was so lonely…I need to be careful what I wish for!
The best part of my weekend was taking my mom to Nordstrom for a facial from Joanne Recchia, the owner of Kleraderm.
Kleraderm, the Italian skin care line, is sold at Nordstrom’s in the Somerset Mall and the Partridge Creek Mall. I have been using this line for about seven years now…it is fantastic. My mom and I each had a $150 facial that Joanne only charges $32 for – if you live in the area, you absolutely need to make an appointment to get one. Here is a quick breakdown of the amazing facials we each got in Kleraderm’s private spa room at Nordies:
- First, Joanne cleansed my face with Collagen Cleansing Milk topped with a Salmon Egg Mask, which she left on for 10 minutes then wiped off with hot towel. The Salmon Egg Mask is not offered retail, it’s something special she brought from Italy and it is only used in the spa. This mask is rich in vitamins and repairs the hydro-lipid layer, boosting skin with vital energy while busting up formations of free radicals. When used with the Collagen Cleansing Milk it boosts the cleansing process, giving deep pore cleansing with no scrub, no brush, no glycolic acid.
- Next, she applied Collagen + Elastin (Collastin) Serum all over the face and neck, paying special attention to the eye area. Collagen + Elastin Serum is a very powerful serum that can only be applied three times a week. It is one of Kleraderm’s top shelf products and is not offered at Nordstrom, although it can be purchased directly from Joanne or at any of the private salons that carry Kleraderm. Collastin Serum is made from Kleraderm’s own native bio-identical collagen and elastin fibers. The fibers actually wrap around the body’s own collagen, giving strength back to the skin’s collagen fibers and adding suspension to the elastin fibers. Skin becomes smooth and lifted, fine lines disappear and wrinkles lose depth.
- Next, Joanne applied the Anti-Age Mask. This mask is in a delicate tissue-type form made of compressed collagen fibers and compressed cholesterol fibers (the same fibers that suspend skin), it looks like a thin fabric. She adhered the mask to my face with the Collastin Serum. Once the tissue mask was in place she activated it with small amounts of warm water, which turned the mask from tissue to transparent, then into a gel-like substance. (What was so cool is I could watch the entire facial process as Joanne gave my mom her facial – I’d never seen all this stuff in action before because I keep my eyes closed and relax during my own facial!) Joanne massaged the collagen gel gently into my skin until it was completely absorbed.
- Then Joanne applied yet another mask, the truly amazing Kleraderm Vitamin C Peel-Off Mask. Yet another top shelf product, this mask is only offered in spa and it is the first Vitamin C product where the C is stable. Vitamin C is fantastic for skin, but it is very unstable so products that contain it can lose efficacy quickly. The Vitamin C is treated so that it becomes a powder, and when mixed with water Joanne has about two minutes to get it applied properly. Then my skin got 100% Vitamin C along with many other vitamins and cell nourishment, and even better the nourishment from this mask kept working on my skin for 72 hours – that’s three days of vitamin therapy and cell nourishment. When the mask had depleted itself of all the active ingredients right into my skin, it turned into rubber…it was beyond cool. Joanne then pulled the mask off in one sweeping motion, just like a huge Biore strip. The mask pulled everything that had loosened up right out of my pores, but without any harshness or irritation to my skin.
- After the mask, Joanne applied more Collastin Serum all over my face and neck, then put eye gel around my eye area and topped it with eye cream. She also moistened my lips with eye cream. Next she applied Ysaline Filler Cream all over my face. She loves to use this during all of her facials because Ysaline is loaded with OMEGA 3-6-9 fatty acids and she says all skin types do very good with OMEGA.
- Finally, she moisturized me with Collagen Moisturizer. My skin loved the product and I think I will do very well with it this winter.
Not only did my mom and I walk out with fantastically glowing skin, we also scooped up two Kleraderm Butter Scrubs. I hate to tell you this, but there were a limited number of these available and I think they may be gone…but they are SO GOOD I have to share.
This is one of those reviews where I seriously wish we had ‘Smell-O-Vision’, because the scent of these babies is just to die for. The Caramel Butter Scrub is indeed buttery smelling carameliciousness, and the Blackcurrent is tart smelling and makes my mouth water. They both come in reusable glass Weck jars.
The Butter Scrubs are powerful exfoliators and total hydrators. The exfoliating action is blended in a body butter of cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, and grapeseed oil. This smooth butter quickly sinks deep into the skin and is activated by the body’s natural temperature. The natural exfoliant in the Caramel Butter Scrub is spun sugar, while the Blackcurrent Butter Scrub has powdered blackcurrent seed. They ever so gently remove impurities and dead cells from the outer layer of the skin. You immerse yourself in a hot bath after applying the Butter Scrub, and you can feel the dead skin cells coming off your body while the butter leaves you baby soft and totally hydrated. The bath water becomes a cocoon of warm butter wrapped all over your body and you never want to get out of the tub. If I am in a hurry, I rub some all over right before my shower and then spend the rest of the day marveling at how soft my skin is.
Joanne actually GAVE THESE AWAY with a previous special…I just can’t believe it. They are so good it’s criminal.
This upcoming weekend, Nordstrom at Partridge Creek Mall is having their annual BOL/Beauty on Location event, although this year Nordstrom changed the name to “Pretty Party”. Kleraderm is hosting skin care classes and they have outstanding gifts with purchase. Whatever you purchase will come in this bag:
It’s always so fun to get a free gift (or several!) with a purchase, and here’s the perfect opportunity. See below for all the details on what you will get from Kleraderm, just email Joanne to pre-order at Joannerecchia@comcast.net ! Also check them out on Facebook or Instagram and Twitter @Kleraderm. Happy shopping! – Lisa