It’s no secret that the Beauty Info Zone ladies love Reviva Labs products. We are always thrilled to receive these for review and to buy more on our own. This reasonably priced skin care line hits all the right buttons. The company was started over 40 years ago and sold in skin care salons and health food stores worldwide. They are proud (as they should be) that their products are not only effective but also cruelty free. With two products that we’ve been testing, here’s our Side by Side Review.
MARCIA AND REVIVA LABS DMAE FIRMING FLUID
I’ve been using both of the products we’re reviewing today since they work so well together. DMAE is a thin serum so I start with this over my entire face and neck. It contains a higher potency of DMAE Concentrate which helps to firm and tone skin. I’m sure almost everyone reading this would love to help firm skin.
DMAE FIRMING FLUID ($19) contains 5% DMAE compared to the normal 1/2%- 1% in most creams and serums. Rather than try to paraphrase perfection, here’s what Reviva Labs tells us about DMAE: Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) is often called “facelift in a jar” by skin care specialists, because it helps firm and tighten the skin. With regular use DMAE will give skin a more defined, youthful appearance.
DMAE, a component of cell membranes, is also one of the substances used by the body to make the neurotransmitter molecule acetylcholine. DMAE’s firming effects are believed to involve the signaling of acetylcholine in the skin.
This Firming Fluid is a great first step before the Nourishing Cream. It isn’t sticky, it sinks into my skin within a minute and then I apply Nourishing Cream over it. If you want firming and more youthful skin along with the compliments that you’ll receive on your skin tone, then here’s where you should start.
LISA AND REVIVA LABS NOURISHING CREAM
Do you want plump, smooth skin with less wrinkles? Then you want the Reviva Labs Nourishing Cream ($25). I love many Reviva products, but this is my all time favorite. The ingredient list is simply outstanding with 10 EFA (Essential Fatty Acid) oils. Here are the ten reasons you want this amazing moisturizer for your face, neck, and hands.
1. Sunflower Oil is one of the best cosmetic ingredients out there since it has no fragrance and is a fantastic emollient and inflammation reducer.
2. Flaxseed Oil is another star ingredient – it’s an antioxidant, emollient, and it has linoleic acid, which is excellent for skin repair.
3. Borage Oil is another non-fragrant ingredient with linoleic acid, and is a fabulous antioxidant, emollient, and inflammation reducer.
4. Rosehip Oil is a very emollient oil with antioxidant properties.
5. Hemp Seed Oil is a fatty acid known for excellent emollient properties.
6. Avocado Oil is a non-fragrant plant oil that is, you guessed it, a terrific emollient and antioxidant. Are you sensing a trend here??
7. Wheat Germ Oil is a non-fragrant emollient oil that skin loves.
8. Black Currant Seed Oil is one of the best antioxidant anti-inflammatories. It’s an awesome emollient for skin.
9. Olive Oil is an emollient that contains squalene, which you may have also heard of. It also has linoleic acid and is a great antioxidant.
10. Sesame Oil is yet another excellent emollient.
With ten different oils, an understandable assumption is that this must be one heavy, pore-clogging cream. Much to my delight, all of these oils are combined into a truly elegant formula – a light cream so beautiful I could almost eat it with a spoon.
EFA’s (also known as Omega-3 and Omega-6) come from plants and they restore the skin to a youthful appearance. What does youthful skin look like? Full, plump, and smooth. If I could fill a bathtub with Reviva Labs Nourishing Cream and soak my whole body in it, I would. However, I am settling for smoothing it onto my face, neck and hands. You should too!!
*Sent for editorial consideration
Follow on Twitter @realrevivalabs #RealRevivaLabs