Makeup Wars has chosen Drugstore Brand Favorites this week and it took me zero seconds to decide that EDDIE FUNKHOUSER had to be my choice, I’m in love with Eddie so excuse my familiarity when I don’t use his full name.. While I buy a lot of drugstore items I don’t have a lot of any brand other than Eddie Funkhouser. Many of these items were sent for consideration but I’ve also bought (and rebought) quite a few. What I’m sharing today are the Eddie products I could find since some are hiding from me.
1) Eyeliner and mascara – This is what started me on the road to my love affair with Eddie. Of all the liquid eyeliners I have, this black Ultra Defining Eye Lining Stylus EF is the best ever. I wasn’t taking any chances of not having it even though it’s lasted forever so I bought a back up. And the Eddie Funkhouser Quattro Variable Lash Mascara is so fabulous that I have two backups as well as one in use. Ultra Defining Lining Stylus ($10.99) has a thin felt tip that I can control with ease. Quattro Variable Lash Mascara ($12.99) has 4 settings so you can build it up to get the volume you desire. I forgot to put a picture of the Graffiti Cream Eye Pencil in Black but it too is a wonderful eyeliner for all pencil lovers. The fun of Eddie’s liners are in the Graffiti Metallic Liquid liners. This comes in 3 metallic shades and add a spark to your eyes.
2) Hyperreal Eye Color Shadows ($8.49) are the cream of the crop. These single shadows have rich pigmentation, are long lasting and smooth to the touch. I’ve got 8 shades and don’t want to play favorites but ….
Shadows shown above are Stage Beauty, Femme Fatale, Dreamcatcher, Stage Beauty, All Nighter and Lavender Sky. Below are The Benjamins and New Boheme (review).
3) Pro Brushes are the newest addition to the Eddie Funkhouser family. I bought three from Dermstore but I didn’t see one in the box and now it’s gone (dang it). What I do have to enjoy are the All Over Eye Brush ($8.99) and Tapered Shadow Brush ($10.99). The All Over Eye Brush has a medium head that’s great for shadow placement and the browbone area. The Tapered Shadow Brush has a fluffy, full tapered head that I love for blending.
Like all Eddie Funkhouser products these are cruelty free brushes. “Artisanal quality crafted brush, featuring hand-scored premium hair, expertly-sculpted head integrated with premium aluminum ferrule and hardwood handles painted with hard-as-nails, multi-layered high-gloss black lacquer.”
4) Luxlight Hydrating Primer and Luxlight Revitalizing Foundation are the two face products I enjoy from my beau. The Hydrating Primer ($14.99) comes in one shade, Candlelight, which adds a luminous peachy glow. Luxlight Revitalizing Foundation ($14.99) comes in 6 shades and is a lightweight foundation that is buildable. This has a light diffused finish to it. I actually used up my Luxlight Illuminator in Candlelight ($11.99). This can be used the same way you’d use Touche Eclat. I like it under my eyes to brighten up and make the end of the day circles look lessened.
5) Ultra Intensity Cheek Color ($8.49) only comes in 4 shades and I’ve been whispering in Eddie’s ear that he needs to add more. I have it in A Little Toasted which is described as a matte pale crimson. I find this to be a neutral shade on me though if I apply it with a soft brush. It can be deepened too.
6) Chromographic Lip Color and Hyperreal Hydrating Lipgloss are the two lip products I bought. It’s a little hard to tell the colors online so this was the hardest choice I had to make. Eddie has two formulas of lipstick, Chromographic Lip Color which has some sparkle to it to light up your lips and Nourishing Lip Color which is more pigmented ($12.99 each). Lovefroze is a sparkling pinky peach that has a more dimensional finish because of the light sparkle in it. There are 12 shades of Hyperreal Hydrating Lipgloss ($10.99) and I went safe with my first buy of Meow Meow, a nude beige pink that brightens up any lipstick I apply it over.
I have a list of future Eddie Funkhouser buys like the 16 Hour 4 Way Liquid Concealer ($10.99) in Light and Hyperreal Eye Color Palette in Bedroom Eyes ($14.99). I need to keep my boyfriend happy after all.
Now it’s time to visit the other drugstore brands to see what favorites those ladies have. — Marcia