I think I might be a little nutty regarding this multi-tasking thing, but any beauty hack that might save me time is always way up on my list of items to test. Equitance Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 36 ($30.00 (.98 fl. oz); available at equitance-us.com) does the job of two essential skin care products – broad spectrum sun protection and makeup primer – all in one super cute squeeze bottle.
Before I talk about the actual product, I definitely want to address the packaging. I love this bottle! I don’t even really understand why I am so enamored with it. It is adorable, so easy to use, and just so…so…cute!
Ok, I love the packaging but what about the performance as a sunscreen? It has a liquidy consistency so be sure to shake it well before squeezing any out. It was so thin that I was surprised…broad spectrum sunscreen tends to be thick. But this doesn’t leave white streaks. In fact, it’s very lightweight and doesn’t instantly change my complexion color three shades whiter.
What it does do is filter out the UV rays that cause hyperpigmentation and photoaging, as well as safeguard against free radicals. Here are the ingredients:
- Linoleic Acid is extracted from safflower seed oil and purified. We found that linoleic acid’s primary effect helps to significantly minimize the appearance of dark spots. It also promotes the exfoliation of the stored melanin that form dark spots.
- Ascorbyl Glucoside is a vitamin C derivative with skin-brightening powers. In liquid topical skin care formulas, vitamin C derivative is more stable, maximizing its beneficial function better than vitamin C itself.
- Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, made from licorice, possesses soothing properties.
- Cherry Blossom Leaf Extract is culled from the Japanese sakura tree and possesses properties that sooth and soften rough skin.
- Shell Ginger Extract is derived from the Japanese alpinia speciosa leaf. Its intense moisturizing properties help brighten the skin.
I like that this sunscreen doesn’t smell bad. It has a very light, pleasant floral fragrance. I like that it provides broad spectrum coverage and a zinc oxide formula. As a sunscreen, I think this is a home run.
As a primer, I have mixed results. It does brighten the complexion and dries very quickly. I think this would work for most people except those with extremely absorbent skin (my issue for sure) or those with very oily skin. It doesn’t prevent the dreaded shiny nose syndrome and it’s not as tenacious as other primers in terms of giving makeup a lot more longevity. It does, however, smooth skin into a better canvas for makeup.
Overall, I love the packaging and the sunscreen. It doesn’t really work as a primer for me so it’s not my perfect multi-tasker, but I have such absorbent skin that I always need super strength primers.
Interested in Equitance Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 36? Click THIS LINK for 20% off, a special link for Beauty Info Zone readers! – Lisa