Hynt Beauty isn’t a well known brand yet which is one of the reasons I enjoy testing their products and writing about them. I discovered HYNT from the blog Byrdie. They are madly in love with Hynt’s Concealer and recommend it all the time. Of course that meant I had to buy it too. This is the most heavy duty concealer I’ve ever used. If you want something that will take care of discoloration this is the product to try. When I purchased this it came in a tube like below but Duet Concealer is so thick that it wouldn’t budge from the tube. The concealer itself is lightweight but it just hated being penned up inside that tube.
They’ve repackaged Duet Perfecting Concealer which means that Hynt listens to its customers. While people often complain about jar packaging, I’d much rather get to use the product I buy than mourn the loss of enjoying such a good concealer.
This is available in 6 shades (fair, light, medium, tan, dark, deep) to fit all skintones.
After Lisa and I had the pleasure of reviewing Hynt’s eyeshadows and lipgloss I was very pleased when Hynt Beauty reached out and offered their SKIN PREP SERUM Bioactive Marine Complex ($44). This is such a powerful piece of skincare that is helpful to perfect your skin using natural ingredients. The goal of this Serum is to help resurface, firm and rewind your skin. I think Hynt can tell you better why they use seaweed as their number one ingredient better than I can.
Here are more amazing ingredients:
- ORGANIC GRAPEFRUIT SEED : Balances the pH of the skin and speeds up digestion of proteins that helps cleanse skin by removing old skin cell layers.
- ORGANIC ROSEMARY LEAF : Increases the skin’s elasticity while phytonutrients help protect skin cells from free radicals and the sun. A natural antiseptic with anti-inflammatory properties.
- ORGANIC CLARY SAGE OIL : Warms and regulates the natural rhythm of the skin. A natural antimicrobial.
- ORGANIC LAVENDER OIL : Calms and soothes inflamed skin and acts as a natural disinfectant. Known to be one of the most beneficial oils in the treatment of acne.
- ORGANIC TEA TREE LEAF OIL : Distilled from the leaves of the Australian Tea Tree, its antimicrobial properties are effective in combatting acne.
Hynt Skin Prep Serum Bioactive Marine Complex is so good for my skin that I use it in spite of the fragrance. It is a very herbal fragrance to my uninitiated nose and I think it’s the lavender oil that I notice most. It lingers on me for at least an hour but as the day progresses I find that I don’t notice it.
Hynt snuck in another item in the package when they sent me the Skin Serum sample, their all natural face powder foundation VELLUTO PURE POWDER FOUNDATION in Light Beige. Even though I don’t use a powder foundation often I was definitely interested in this enough to see why they were so proud of the foundation. Being the “adventuress” that I am, I’ve used this both with and without the Hynt Skin Prep Serum.
This loose powder foundation contains nothing that is noted to irritate skin like talc, Bismuth Oxychloride, and Titanium Dioxide. I don’t get a mask like finish from this and it hasn’t irritated my skin or made it itchy at all like some loose foundations I’d previously tried. The look was natural and lasted the entire day. Applying the Skin Prep Serum first gave it a much more natural look too so that it didn’t look as flat as I expected.
I can wear Light Beige but I think Ivory would be a better match for me. This foundation is available in 7 shades so it should be easy to get a great match.
Our Skin Caring Ingredients:
- WHITE KAOLIN CLAY : Purifies pores, vitalizes skin with essential nutrients and phytonutrients, and boosts skin’s cellular renewal and blood circulation.
- ORGANIC LIME OIL : Helps reduce fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots and other signs of aging while treating congested skin with its cleansing properties. Rehydrates while helping to reduce acne and oily skin.
- ORGANIC VANILLA EXTRACT : Purifies the skin by eliminating bacteria and reduces the appearance of sun spots while increases skin’s firmness. Also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- ORGANIC GERANIUM OIL : Promotes cellular metabolism and regeneration of new cells while acting as a powerful natural solution to heal and fade scars and other unwanted marks. Its astringent properties can help clear acne.
- ORGANIC PATCHOULI OIL : Soothes inflammation and dryness, prevents infections and boosts the elasticity and tightness of skin.
The best deal for the cosmetic products that I’ve shared with you is their Discovery Kit. This kit contains their Velluto foundation along with more goodies for $49 which is one heck of a deal. Inside you’ll receive two shades of the Velluto Foundation, the Duet Perfecting Concealer, 1 FINALE Finishing Powder (Deluxe sample size), 1 LUMIERE Radiance Boosting Powder (Deluxe sample size), 1 Vegan Mini Flat Top Brush.
There are a lot of things that impress me about Hynt Beauty. Their website pages are filled with the information you want to know before purchasing. Every question I had about the brand was answered on their site. Next Hynt Beauty is a vegan brand (except for their mascara) as well as cruelty free. Their mission is to have the highest standards in ingredient purity, safety and efficacy. Isn’t that what you want to use? — Marcia
*serum and foundation provided for consideration, concealer was personally purchased