I am very, very picky about lavender. I think it’s beautiful — I love the color, purple is my favorite. I love the health benefits, which include anti-inflammatory properties as well as the ability to ease anxiety, insomnia, and depression. I also love the fragrance…well, I love the fragrance sometimes. I often find lavender-fragranced products to be overwhelming, perfumey, and headache-inducing. So when I find a lavender scented product that is done right, I just have to share.
The Philip B. Lavender Hand Creme ($35) is simply wonderful. The bottle looks expensive and classic, but it’s actually made from heavy duty plastic so it’s not going to break. The hand creme is thick and luxurious. My dry hands love it because it is a hard working moisturizer but it doesn’t leave hands wet. It’s a perfect bottle of lotion to have beside your bed or at your desk at work.
The hand creme is awesome and the lavender scent is just perfect. It’s not over the top but it still lingers for quite a while. For hours after I apply, every time I move my hands I get a soft, gentle wisp of fragrant lavender. It’s lovely!!
All the reasons to love this beautifully scented hand savior:
- Fast absorbing: Vitamin-rich formula sinks in instantly to tackle dryness, making rough spots, peeling cuticles and itchy palms a thing of the past.
- Deceptively rich: African Shea Butter and Safflower Oleosomes hydrate deeply without leaving hands slippery or slick; Colloidal Oatmeal soothes; Panthenol nourishes; Essential Amino Acids strengthen.
- Year-round healing: Ideal for winter (since it won’t dry out your hands) and the dead of summer (when you want ultra-light, smoothing moisture).
- The best relaxing botanical scent: Pure Provencal Lavender, naturally aromatherapeutic, is blended with a mix of sheer Flower Oils to obliterate stress.
- Eco-credentials: Philip B® hand and body crèmes are paraben-free, phthalate-free, made without animal testing, and formulated in the U.S.A. with a low-carbon footprint. The botanicals we use are responsibly sourced and all packaging is recyclable.
If you are looking for some great hand cream or for an excellent gift – sheesh, just tie a ribbon around this and it’s totally giftable – the Philip B. Lavender Hand Creme is an excellent choice. – Lisa
*sent for editorial consideration