I can almost guarantee that when someone mentions Perricone MD skincare that you think of Cold Plasma. Dr. Perricone has many great products but the one that he is the most famous for is definitely Cold Plasma. There’s a lot of love and a lot of not-so-love for that product and the main reason is that it can have a smell that people think is fishy. I’ve gone through two jars of Cold Plasma and I haven’t had that problem but I know of people who have. But now there’s the wonders of that product in an entirely new moisturizer called Photo Plasma. When this was sent I was thrilled to NOT smell it.
I’ve found so many benefits with Photo Plasma
1) There’s no fragrance at all. Not a drop.
2) It’s half the price of Cold Plasma ($69 for 2 oz). You can also buy a deluxe sample size of 0.5 oz for $20 at Sephora.
3) Photo Plasma contains broad spectrum SPF 30. This was a problem for me when I used CP since it didn’t contain SPF and Dr. Perricone didn’t make one that I liked.
4) Photo Plasma has a wonderful, lush texture yet it’s oil free.
5) It contains non-chemical UVA and UVB mineral Titanium Dioxide sunscreen.
6) It’s formulated with Vitamin C Ester and Alpha Lipoic Acid to help brighten my skin.
7) There are no parabens in the formula.
8) It protects against skin aggressors like dehydration, pollution, wind, cold, smoke, stress and chemical irritants.
9) I can use one product to take care of my daytime moisturizing and sunscreen.
10) It doesn’t interfere with foundation so no rolling or pilling.
There are a few things I’m not crazy about with Photo Plasma. This light pink moisturizer is a little tacky when you first apply it on so you’ll have to be sure you give yourself time to let it dry down before applying any foundation. Also because it’s in a glass jar you’ll need a separate applicator that you can clean in between uses. I keep a few plastic beauty spatulas near that I can quickly wash before and after use.
I’ve been happy though with the moisturizer and how my skin looks while using it. On my normal to dry winter skin it’s working well.
Now it’s your turn to see if Photo Plasma works for you. We were sent a jar for one of our US subscribers to win. Just use the easy Rafflecopter to enter. The giveaway is open through 3/28/14 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Remember that we check to make sure entries are valid. Good luck. — Marcia
-Titanium Dioxide: Non-chemical UVA and UVB mineral sunscreen.
-Astaxanthin: Rich antioxidant known for its photo protective powers.
-Vitamin C Ester and Alpha Lipoic Acid: Brighten the skin and smooth surface imperfections.
Water, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycrylene, Polyester-8, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Benzyl Alcohol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Isohexadecane, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysilicone-11, Polysorbate 60, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Benzoate. Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Hydrogenated Phosphatidylcholine, Thioctic Acid, Astaxanthin.
*prize and product sent for review