If you are an aficionado of gel nails then I’ve got a simply stunning brand for you to try – Bio Seaweed Gel.
I was sent a polish from Bio Seaweed Gel and it’s absolutely beautiful. This line has two different types of polish both for lovers of Gel Polishes. BSG 3Step Colour Gel Polish requires the use of a UV/LED lamp. But BSG has a bigger line for those of you who either do your nails at home or just don’t want the use of a lamp. UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polish is the very big line of polishes that are solar cured.
With these SOLARCURE polishes you’ll still get high shine nails lasting up to two weeks but you just need sun to activate it. There’s an optional No-Wipe Top Gel Polish if you want even more shine and durability, it’s not required but it is suggested.
Here are the steps:
1) File and shape then buff your nails lightly. This creates a smooth surface as well as cleans up your cuticles.
2) Clean your nails with alcohol to remove all dust and oils.
3) Staying in the shade (indoors or out) paint your first coat very thinly. It’s suggested that you paint it on so that it’s almost translucent.
4) Now it’s sun time. Cure your nails in the sun for 30 seconds to two minutes. How long you cure it for depends on the strength of the sun. I think it helps to cure it longer rather than shorter. You’ll know it’s done when you touch your nail and it feels dry and solid.
5) Going back to the shade, paint a second coat of BSG Unity Gel Polish. It’s recommended to use a thin coat for this step.
6) Back to the sunlight! Cure it again and you are done!
If you choose to use No-Wipe Top Gel Polish on top just repeat with one coat and curing for two minutes.
BSG UNITY All-in-One Colour Gel Polish has everything built into the bottle – base, color, top coat and strengtheners. The brand is big-5 free with no formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, BHA or solvents. It helps to promote your natural nail strength.
To remove you’ll need Acetone remover. One way to do it is to wet a cotton ball with the remover, wrap that tightly with foil, let it soak for 3-5 minutes. That softens the gel so that you can push it off with an orange-wood stick. You might need to resoak and repeat, especially if you use a darker shade.
Candy Land is currently on sale for $13 (originally $18). This blurple color is one I enjoy all year long. But if you aren’t a blue person there are 114 shades of UNITY to choose from in Solid, Sparkle, Shimmer and Sheer shades. Something for everyone! Have you worn gel polish before? — Marcia
*sent for editorial consideration