Authentic Skin Remedies, a plant-based botanical skin care line, has a wonderfully inspiring story behind its creation. Amy Rueda, the founder of Authentic Skin Remedies, was diagnosed with a rare form of neuroendocrine system cancer of the appendix when she was just thirty-five years old. In researching potential causes she realized that up to 70% of whatever is applied to the skin goes right into the bloodstream. Unfortunately, many skin care products actually contain toxic chemicals.
Amy changed her entire lifestyle and thankfully her cancer went into remission. Inspired by her experience and research she created a plant-based skin care line with certified organic ingredients. All of her products are cruelty free and paraben free. The Authentic Skin Remedies line is focused on anti-aging and nourishing the skin, and it gets real results.
In addition to helming her skin care line, Amy works as an educator for The Breast Cancer Fund and EWG’s Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, speaking at colleges and symposiums. She also works to promote legislative efforts for safety in cosmetics and skin care. And the very happy news is she also recently gave birth to a baby girl who she calls her ‘miracle baby’.
With such a wonderful and inspiring story behind Authentic Skin Remedies, I was very excited when we were sent the Gloss Essential Bath and Body Oil in Island Bamboo Essence ($33) to test. I love body oils in general because they are perfect hydration and are terrific for layering scents. Little did I know that this body oil could be used in so many ways. It is multi-tasking at its finest!
The Gloss can be used literally from head to toe. Are you ready for all the ways I have found to use it? Here goes!
* Use it on your hair to immediately get rid of static and flyaway hair.
* Use it on your face before doing any hair removal (your guy can use it before shaving his beard).
* Use it on your neck and decolletage to soften fine lines and crepey skin.
* Use it anywhere on your body as a moisturizer, as the Gloss has avocado oil and sunflower oil which are the closest thing to the natural oils in your skin.
* Use it on your hands to soften cuticles and prevent hangnails.
* Use it on your feet to heal dry, cracked skin.
* You can also use it as a bath oil, to remove makeup, and as a massage oil. It does so many things it’s like a miracle in a bottle!
The Island Bamboo scent is fabulous, light and fresh and wonderfully clean smelling. I really love this body oil, and it seems like every day I find a new use for it.
You can check out the Authentic Skin Remedies line on their website and at various other etailers and spas (the list of retailers is HERE). Take a few minutes to read Amy’s story and peruse her fantastic organic skin care line, you will definitely be inspired. - Lisa
*sent for editorial consideration
Persea gratissima (Organic Avocado) Oil, Helianthus annuus (Organic Sunflower) Seed Oil, Fragrance