Mally Roncal has the type of energetic beauty that can sell me anything. She could sell ice to Eskimos and sand to desert dwellers. Her personality totally shines through whenever you see her on TV and makes you want to buy her products in mass quantities.
But that’s not really enough for me or for you. The products have to match up to your standards and what Mally says about them. I was sent Mally Beauty Effortless Airbrush Perfect Skin Mousse to test out and now I am about to buy ice and sand from Mally. This foundation is that good.
While this only comes in 5 shades (Fair, Light, Medium, Tan, and Rich) on Mally Beauty, it’s available in 8 shades on QVC (the 5 mentioned plus Medium Light, Medium Tan, and Deep) ($45 for brush and foundation). I found a perfect match in Fair. I wouldn’t change one thing about the shade once it’s blended onto my face.
I usually shake the can of Effortless Airbrush Perfect Skin Mousse but you really don’t have to do so. This is incredibly lightweight yet gives my skin perfect coverage. I don’t use a lot to get that coverage either but I could build it up if necessary. The Mousse is “formulated with specially coated pigments that adhere to skin for impeccable long-wear with a feel that’s wonderfully light and airy”.
One way that the Mally Airbrush Perfect Skin Mousse is different is that you get wonderful hydration for your skin and you always look luminous but not shiny. Wearing it makes me feel confident about my skin.
It comes with a fabulous foundation brush that is soft yet firm. It’s the perfect accompaniment for the foundation. It helps blend it in minutes. The brush itself is a great one for your collection.
This is currently my most used foundation, even more than the CC Creams that I love so much. I love the coverage, the feel, the shade Fair, and the longevity of this mousse. If you haven’t tried this, it’s time. I’m sure all the Mallynistas would agree. — Marcia
*sent for editorial consideration
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isobutane, Propane, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Octldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tridecyl Stearate, Polyglycerl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Mica, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide
Stearate, Peg/Ppg-20/15 Dimethicone, Peg-150 Distearate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth-13 Carboxylate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Pretty things are great, but sometimes function is more important. Here are some awesome stocking stuffers, Hanukkah gifts, and holiday gifts that are BIZ tested and recommended! Any one of these options will look fabulous all wrapped up and are sure to become staples items for your down to earth, practical-minded giftee.
1. Natracare Organic Cleansing Makeup Removal Wipes ($7.49): These are some of the softest, gentlest makeup remover wipes I’ve tried. They are more on the ‘wet’ side, and while they remove makeup and dirt they don’t irritate the skin. Available at drugstore.com, Walgreens.com, and Amazon.com.
2. Coast to Coast Soothing Aqua Serum ($40): This is a beautiful serum that leaves skin moist, plump, and healthy. It is a particularly excellent gift for those who do a lot of traveling – awesome for a little lift on the plane while flying from coast to coast! You can find this at Ulta.com.
3. The Magic Pads ($19.95): How about some magic under the tree? These skin treatment pads have wonderful ingredients including glycolic acid, organic willow bark, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin E in an organic aloe vera juice base. The Magic Pads clear up blemishes, shrink the appearance of pores, and exfoliate skin all in one swipe. You can find these at www.themagicpads.com
4. Mad Hippie Eye Cream ($24.99): Perfect for the non-traditionalist on your list, this eye cream features a slew of peptides and antioxidants in a truly elegant formulation. The packaging is beyond cute, and this is an eye cream that really delivers. Available at www.madhippie.com
5. Strivectin TL Advanced™ Tightening Neck Cream ($95): I slather this on every morning and every night and I am loving the results! The neck and decolletage show age more quickly than any other body part, and this beautiful thick cream is just what is needed to keep that delicate area moisturized and free of crepey skin – plus it rebuilds elastin fibers. Available at StriVectin.com
6. Le Beurre Shea Butter Body Cream (8 oz. $22): This shea butter cream feels like luxury, but it’s a major workhorse for dry winter skin. It melts right in, making skin super happy with grapeseed, jojoba, and vitamin E. Choose from five beautiful scents, including Lavender, Vanilla, Lemongrass, Sage and Unscented. Available at www.lebeurreshop.com (pick up a Shea Butter Lip Balm while you are there!)
7. Scala Collezione Rain Hat ($25): Talk about fashionable and functional! This jaunty rain hat is a truly perfect holiday gift that will be hugely appreciated. LW281 is one of Scala’s best-selling rain hats, and is available in black, charcoal, wine and khaki. Made of nylon, it protects your hairdo while looking pretty darn awesome. Get yourself one while you are at it!
8. Mally City Chick Smokey Eye Kit ($40): Now here is a perfect eyeshadow palette for any chick, city or rural. There are ten different color combinations from which to choose. Every combo of creamy eyeshadows has wonderful neutral shades that are both beautiful and practical. Available at www.mallybeauty.com
9. Priti Nail Polish neutrals ($15 each): What is a great practical stocking stuffer? Some fabulous neutral nail polish. My pick is Priti Nail Polish, particularly the shades Ginger Snap Orchid, opaque light creamy nude, Nodding Lilac, opaque soft lilac, and Moss Campion, opaque creamy light taupe. Available at www.pritinyc.com
10. Dove White Beauty Bar ($5.00): You can’t go wrong with this classic! What a great stocking stuffer. People swear by this bar soap that removes makeup without stripping the skin.
Stay tuned for more great holiday gift guides, including a list of fabulous finds for the glam girl on your list! – Lisa
*items sent for editorial consideration
I am always on the hunt for great brow products, and the Mally Beauty Ultimate Performance Dream Brow with Brush ($26) is a fabulous option for creating groomed yet natural looking brows.
Mally Beauty sent us this set that can found on QVC. Included is a dual-ended brow brush and a gel brow filler. What makes this special is the gel brow filler. Instead of the typical flat color that can make brows look unnatural, this has some illumination to it which creates depth. The result? A more natural looking brow that beautifully frames the eyes and balances out features.
The gel also makes brow hair slightly thicker and provides hold so brows stay in place all day. I find that the best technique is to first brush brows upward using the spoolie end of the brush. Next, I dip the angled brush in the brow gel around the edges of the pot – that gives the gel a longer shelf life and keeps it from drying out. Then, I just brush the gel onto my brows using upward strokes. I finish with a final upward swipe of the spoolie, and my brows are set for the day.
I use shade Medium Brown, but other shades available include Taupe, Sable, blonde, auburn, and gray.
If you are in the market for a great brow set that creates natural looking brows that stay in place all day, this is the set for you! – Lisa
*sent for editorial consideration
Three Mally Beauty favorites: Evercolor Starlight Eyeliner in Deep Violet, Volumizing Mascara, and Liquid Lipstick in Party Girl Pink
Watching QVC is definitely addicting, especially when Mally Beauty is featured. Mally sends the BIZ quite a few products to try, and here are three of my favorites that I love to use together for a polished, pretty look.
1. Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Deep Violet ($15)
Deep Violet is a fabulous color. It’s not as harsh as black, and a little more exciting than brown. The eyeliner pencil has a creamy texture that glides on and smudges out for a smoky look. Then it sets and stays in place all day. It doesn’t last the whole day on the waterline, but it lasts as long as any other pencil eyeliner I have. Deep Violet goes with so many colors I reach for it more than any other pencil eyeliner I have…in fact I will need to replace this soon!
2. Volumizing Mascara in Black ($20)
Volumizing Mascara is a terrific mascara that definitely gives my lashes tons of volume and drama. I use two coats for day, three coats for even more drama. This is a wet mascara so I have to be careful until it dries, otherwise I end up dots on my upper lids because it makes my lashes so long and full. Once it’s dry, it is perfect – no clumps, flakes, or smudging.
3. High Shine Liquid Lipstick Pen in Party Girl Pink ($20)
The High-Shine Liquid Lipstick Pen is a wonderfully creamy, emollient lipstick/lip gloss hybrid that is exceptionally glossy. The texture is velvet smooth, and Party Girl Pink is a stunning peachy/pink shimmer. Party Girl Pink is one of my most favorite lip colors, and I love it paired with Deep Violet Eyeliner and the Volumizing Mascara.
*sent for editorial consideration
I have a friend whose nickname is “Pink”. She always wears at least one clothing item that is pink. She owns a handbag store and the walls are pink. I would even bet that her aura is pink. One day, my daughter asked her – in that, ‘I am a young child so I can ask anyone anything’ sort of way – why do you love the color pink so much? Her answer was, because of all the colors in the spectrum, the only one that goes with every single other color is PINK. I thought about that…and she is absolutely right. Maybe that’s why I always gravitate toward pink shades. Mally Beauty sent me some of their best pink lip sets, and both Perfois Soft Pink ($30) and Sweet Pink ($25.00) have become staples for me.
The Perfois Soft Pink Lip set comes with a lip pencil, lipstick, and liquid lipstick. The set comes in three different pink color combinations – Classic Pink, Bright Pink and Soft Pink. I have the Soft Pink set which is a combination of neutral light pink shades that create a sophisticated matte pink lip.
The Soft Pink lip liner is an automatic pencil in light cool pink with just a hint of luminescence. Using this doesn’t really change the color of the other lip products, instead it enhances the lasting power. It isn’t a necessity, so I find that I often skip this step. The Soft Pink lipstick is truly lovely. It is a cool-toned matte nude pink with a gorgeous, velvety texture. The Soft Pink Liquid Lipstick is a milky soft pink that adds lots of gloss and volume.
The Ultimate Performance Sweet Pink Lip set has two products, a lip liner and a lip gloss.
Sweet Pink creates a bright, shimmery pink look that is young and fun. This lip liner not only helps the lip gloss last, it also gives lips a pop of pink and looks great on its own. The Ultimate Performance lip gloss is one of my favorite lip glosses of all time. It’s actually a hybrid lipstick/lip gloss/lip balm that leaves lips soft and moist, and the color lasts much longer than a typical lip gloss. Sweet Pink is a beautiful, complex shimmery medium pink with wonderful slip. Gorgeous!
Whether you are looking for a classic, sophisticated pink lip or a bright, shimmery one, Mally Beauty is definitely a great line to consider. QVC always has some great Mally Beauty sets on sale, so head on ever there for a perfect pink pucker. – Lisa
*sent for editorial consideration
Let me entice you in the same way that Mally Beauty enticed me. We were sent 3 of the mally-nificent Evercolor Lip Magnifiers to test out and they are right up my alley. For the month of August Mally has these on sale from $20 to $15 so you don’t want to miss out.
I’m a huge fan of lip crayons. I like the one step use of these. I like something easy, I like something that lasts better than a gloss, yet I like a luminous finish. I like flavorless lip color and a wide range of shades. Mally put all of those into one handy crayon form and she created this in 12 great colors (13 on ulta.com but the sale isn’t there). These are lip plumpers that are a combination of lipstick and gloss.
While Mally Beauty says that the color will last all day, you know that your mileage may vary. It lasts on me for about 2 hours without eating but I’m the type that bites my lips.
At first when I looked at Princess Pink and Pink Petal I thought they’d be very much alike on my lips but they are each distinct. Princess Pink is my favorite, it’s a beautiful light pink that isn’t a nude. It’s cool toned and lively without being too dark. I think it’s the glossiest of the 3 I have. I L.O.V.E. this lip magnifier!
Pink Petal is appropriately named since it’s a light warm pink. It’s the easiest shade for me to wear since I don’t like to emphasize my small lips.
Frisky Fuchsia is also appropriately named. It is frisky. It shows up! There’s nothing shy about this baby. When I first apply it, it’s too bright but it calms down so that I won’t scare the people that know I like light lips. It’s not a shade I wear often. When Frisky Fuchsia wears away it leaves a stain behind that the other two don’t.
If you are a fan of lip crayons then this is your opportunity to get these non-fragranced, lightly plumping colors for yourself. Your lips won’t plump like a Kardashian’s but they will bring out a better you. — Marcia
*sent for editorial consideration