Last year at this time Makeup Wars also did a holiday wishlist. This year’s wishlist has some of the crazy items that are way out of my budget and some that are totally feasible. A girl can wish though. What do you think I’ll end up buying this time?? What would you buy?
1. Sherrieblossom ICEbOX Skinny- I love my ICEbOX Wide and I would be thrilled to own another. This time I’d want the Skinny since I think it would fit more of the smaller items. Oh the hours of rearranging would be so much fun. At $395 it’s a dream but if I’m a very good girl maybe my dreams could come true.
2. Sephora Collection Nail Polish X – The 22 – I’m intrigued by this set. I thought and thought about ordering it during Friends and Family and didn’t but it’s still on my mind. I really want to see it in person or swatches since I don’t wear glitters but other than that – so pretty!
3. Too Faced Pretty Rebel eyeshadow palette – at $46 this is in my price range. I didn’t think about it during F&F but one of my friends talks about this constantly. If I buy it then I’m blaming her!!
4. Nars Voyeur – Mini Larger Than Life Eyeliner Coffret – In spite of its contradictory name (mini and larger than life) I want this for the cosmetic bag. Nars has a gorgeous bag that is has this same design but I couldn’t justify $75 for it. But for $49 with these eyeliners it’s a dream that could become a reality.
5. Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow palette – the one I want is the green one called The Rebel though I’d be happy with this one in The Dolce Vita. I’m also really really wanting the Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon Morphing Pencils. But ordering from Selfridge in the U.K. isn’t likely to happen.
6. YSL La Laque Couture Colour Collection – speaking of never going to happen!! This amazing nail polish collection is also from Selfridges and it’s €450.00. I’d probably only look at it!!
7. Laura Mercier Luxe Color Wardrobe- (this is the numberless 7). This is actually a great buy for someone who doesn’t own these eyeshadows and blushes. It’s $125 but there are 8 eyeshadows, 3 tightlining eyeliners, 2 blush, highlighter, eyeliner pencil and 3 travel brushes.
8. Tom Ford Nail Lacquer – I don’t know why but these intrigue me. Not the color in the collage but shades like Smoke Red, Dominatrix and Trophy Wife appeal to me even though I think $32 is way too much to spend for a nail polish.
There are about 200 more items on my wishlist but I doubt you’d stick around that long! Please join the other Makeup Wars bloggers to find out what they want and what I’ll soon want too!! — Marcia
Makeup Wars is made up of a group of bloggers who blog on the same topic every other week. We work together and brainstorm ideas that we think our readers will enjoy. Today’s topic is our “5 minute faces“. It was sort of ironic for me that we decided on a Monday to do this topic and the very next morning my husband aroused me at 9 a.m. asking what time my doctor appointment was. How about 9:30 and it’s a 15 minute drive? I grabbed up the following and created my true 5 minute face. Luckily everything was handy and I didn’t have to search which is why most of these particular items were chosen. The lipstick was in my purse to be put on when I parked the car. Let’s see what I came up with.
Since I always start with my eyes I grabbed Jane Cosmetics cream eyeshadow in Glistening Gold Khaki. I love this shadow and color. It’s a gorgeous green with the touches of gold and khaki. It’s sparkly but it doesn’t feel too much for daytime (at least for me who isn’t a huge matte fan). This $8 shadow lasts so well.
I then put on the wonderful Eddie Funkhouser Liquid Liner **since it’s fast, easy and lasts.
I picked a mascara* that was right on my vanity, it happens to be a favorite so I was lucky about that: Marcelle Xtension Plus.
For my face I knew I wanted a BB or CC Cream since I had no time for skincare and the winner was Pur Minerals CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40. The main reason I picked the Pur Minerals* one is that this is the most foundation like of any BB/CC Cream I have. I am due to review it but I’ll tell you right now, it’s wonderful and I highly recommend it.
No powder necessary so I went right to my favorite Tarina Tarantino Dollface Cream Blush with the Nars Yachiyo Kabuki brush to apply it. It’s a fast and (for me) accurate application.
I ran downstairs, grabbed a Power Bar and left. I got to the parking lot of the doctor’s office at 9:31 and went into my makeup bag for IT Cosmetics Vitality Lip Butter in Pillow*. I’ve been keeping Pillow in my purse since it looks good with almost everything I wear. It’s a sheer nude pink that’s on the warmer side and is great with my TT blush.
I felt totally put together and barely fixed anything that evening. I touched up my eyeliner and made sure under my eyes looked okay, did my eyebrows, added a little concealer and of course lipstick. Done in 5. My husband could not believe it. I better not make a habit of it or he’ll expect that more often. — Marcia
Thanks for reading about the perils of “mornings with Marcia”. Now join the other Makeup Wars ladies to see how beautiful they can get in 5 minutes.
*were provided by the company
3. Anti-Aging High Performance Eyeshadow Palette – I bought this in 2011. It was the third product I bought from IT Cosmetics. The bad news is that I totally forgot about it until recently, the good news is that it’s still available at the same price and just as wonderful as ever. You can see the swatches in my old review. I think it’s time for IT to highlight this palette again.
4. Hello Light Creme Radiance Illuminator * – IT has two illuminators and they are both on my list. I can’t choose. They are both amazing. The creme version is really easy to use. I like using my fingers to blend it in but the brush is fabulous too. On QVC you can purchase the set for $35. Alone it’s $24. (I’d buy the set!!!)
5. Hello Light Radiance Powder * – This is the first of the Radiance products that we were sent for review. This blew us away and still does. On me it’s a soft cream, on Lisa whose skin is darker than mine it’s more gold. The effect of this powder is a soft ethereal look without shimmer. This too is priced as above, it comes with a different brush that is great to own.
6. Bye Bye Under Eye Corrector Concentrate * – This is a full coverage product that can be used as concealer or for correcting. It comes with the perfect brush (all IT brushes are wonderful by the way). This is the latest product we’ve reviewed and one of the best.
7. Bye Bye Under Eye – This is the one that started it all. I was on a chatroom and people were talking about it so I instantly went to Beauty.com and bought it. The recommended color for most people is Neutral Medium but it was darker than I preferred so I gave it away and bought Fair which is considered Ultra Fair. I’ve been using this since 2010 and am on my 4th tube. That says it all right there.
8. Bye Bye Pores HD Silk Micro Finishing Powder – As soon as I fell for Bye Bye Under Eye I just had to buy Bye Bye Pores. This is a translucent setting powder that helps keep my skin from becoming oily and helps it look poreless.
9. Hello Lashes * – I try a lot of mascaras and there are many I love but only a few I’ve bought again. Hello Lashes has been bought again. Sometimes QVC has these great deals that I can’t pass up with 3 mascaras so my sister gets one, I get two, and my lashes get happy. It’s not only beautiful on my lashes but it’s good for them with a treatment and a primer built in.
10. Brow Power Perfector Single – IT makes great eyebrow products including the original Brow Power that is a best seller and a charitable… But the new Perfector Single is a gel eyebrow pencil and the easiest brow product I’ve ever used. Here’s what they say about it: “Brow Power Perfector 5-in-1 Powder Gel Pencil is your brow fill-in powder, brow pencil, brow taming gel, brow conditioning treatment, and brow brush all in one.” I say buy it!! I have it in Dark Brown which is definitely dark so I just ordered it in Natural Taupe to compare.
I hope you’ve enjoyed IT Cosmetics and realize that this is the brand that should WIN this war. In reality though I can’t wait to see what these wonderful bloggers have picked and how much they are going to cost me!! — Marcia
I love when Makeup Wars does nail polish wars. I absolutely love nail polish… so much in fact that when I found a company named I Love Nail Polish, I had to buy from them. And now I want to share the polish that has become my favorite fall polish.
Look at that glow? Look at that holo? It wasn’t possible for me to pass this by. I had to have it and ordered two different polishes from I Love Nail Polish.
The company puts so much love and art into these polishes. Not only is this box absolutely fabulous but the packaging it comes in was just as adorable. There are 4 polishes in this Ultra Chrome collection that are available on their website and on Etsy. The four polishes are Birefringence shown above, a holo teal, a holo green (looks amazing) and a slightly similar one called Cygnus Loop that I also bought.
Birfringence has a little bit of everything color wise – sometimes it’s blue, sometimes it’s purple, sometimes it’s plum or red or green or gold. It’s absolutely perfect. The picture below is just after I put my hands in hot water to show you as many colors as I could.
Is there any doubt why I picked this for my favorite fall polish? It’s shiny as can be, it’s metallic, it’s holographic, it’s MINE! Since I can’t do nail art, this is my idea of art. I think I win Makeup Wars with I Love Nail Polish! — Marcia
Now that you’ve seen this amazing polish, please visit my fellow bloggers to see what other polishes are fall favorites.
This week’s Makeup Wars is an exciting one. The problem is that this is going to be long long long. I won’t bore you with details but there will be a lot of pictures. One of the reasons this is going to be so long is that I, along with a few other “warriors”, received the Sherrieblossom ICEbOX Lucite storage container and it’s absolutely amazing. My mouth dropped open when I saw it in person. Pictures made me crave it but the reality makes it a dream come true. I’m still playing with mine deciding exactly how to arrange it and what I want in it so another full review will be upcoming.
Since I started writing about cosmetics a dozen+ years ago my collection began growing. Just about that time we remodeled our bathroom so I’m lucky enough to have some storage. I have an angled area with my sink at the right. I’m able to use a stool to sit on to do my makeup so I use a two sided mirror. Underneath I have room for these two storage unitsThe red piece is a thin file cabinet I found on sale at a modern supply store which is now out of business. It’s a treasure for storing items like blush and eyeshadow. The problem is that items get hidden in the back and I can’t see them. It was about $200 and worth every penny. I’ve looked and looked to find something similar but haven’t found it again. To the right of that is my very messy Sterlite organizer bought at Target. I’m overdue for a rearrangement on it. Ignore that mess and look at some of the drawers though on my red file cabinet:
I once did an entire post on how I store my brushes and pencils on Beauty Spotlight Team. With my Sherrieblossom ICEbOX though I’m storing a lot of what was in these cups so that I will have more room and less mess.
Now that the basics are out of the way – here comes the STAR of the show. Introducing Sherrieblossom ICEbOX
Sherrieblossom ICEbOX is top notch quality wise. You can do so much with it. If you aren’t a makeup maven you could use it for jewelry, desk supplies, craft items, skincare galore. As a first class makeup maven I’m using mine for cosmetics I want to find more easily. When it arrived it came with the angled pieces seen in the picture just above. It also has rectangular pieces that you can move to separate items. Plus it came with a lot of extra lucite pieces to arrange things the way you want. Here are some of my finished drawers:
I can’t recommend this storage unit from Sherrieblossom ICEbOX highly enough. It’s sold on her website and at some Neiman Marcus stores. I haven’t finished filling it yet my other drawers have much more room now and I’ll be able to find what I use all the time by storing it in my ICEbOX. You’ll be seeing a lot more of my ICEbOX as it fills up and fills my life.
Please join the other Makeup Wars ladies as they share their systems. I doubt they’ll tempt me now because I’m lucky enough to have the best of the best. What do you use for storage? Do you have anything unique? — Marcia
*ICEbOX provided for review