Welcome to the newest edition of Top Ten Tuesday. Considering we are just a few days from the official first day of summer it’s time to find out what the beauty bloggers use to beat the heat. We all might approach this a little differently from each other but our blogs are trying to get you through summer in the most beauteous way.
My 10 are ones I rely on to get me through heat, humidity and hot flashes. The colors are pretty much interchangeable, it’s the type of product that counts today.
1. IT COSMETICS CC+ CREAM WITH SPF (Your Skin But Better CC+) is something I talk about endlessly. Of all my CC Creams this is number uno. It’s not waterproof but when I start streaming it doesn’t end up streaky on my face. I’m on my third tube of this and I’m sure I’ll end up with a fourth.
2. SKINDINAVIA MAKEUP PRIMER SPRAY * can be used as a primer before applying foundation or the way I usually use it which is to set my makeup (including eyes) after I’m done. My blog partner Lisa just reviewed this and she uses it as a preprimer, I find it also sets my makeup helping it last longer. Wonderful product.
3. IT COSMETICS WATERPROOF GEL EYELINER PENCILS *are really waterproof. If you are looking for a great line for summer IT Cosmetics is your BFF. There are 10 shades of these Waterproof Gel Eyeliner Pencils and you can’t go wrong with them. Many eyeliners last on my top lash line but only a few last on my bottom lash line in the summer and IT is one of them.
4. MAKE UP FOR EVER AQUA EYES PENCILS *are the other eyeliners that you want for summer or anytime actually. Make Up For Ever is a fabulous line if you are in the heat. They make many eye and lip products that are perfect for summer which is why many of their products use the word AQUA in their name. This shade is 52L which was an LE shade but others like 7L and 12L will give you this turquoise pop.
5. RIMMEL SCANDALEYES EYESHADOW CRAYON is not touted to be waterproof but it lasts and lasts through anything I put it through. I have this in half a dozen shades and Bulletproof Beige (which looks peachy on me) gets the most use. They are creamier than a lot of brands of eye crayons and they are only around $7.
6. IT COSMETICS BUILD-A-BROW is truly waterproof. This baby lasts and lasts. My new craze is filling in my eyebrows and I choose between Build A Brow or Senna. But when push comes to shove, I use IT Cosmetics. This shade is Dark Brown but I recently ordered Natural Taupe too for when I don’t need quite as dramatic eyebrows.
– IT COSMETICS EYEBROW BRUSH is probably the best brush I’ve ever tried. I have a few other great brushes but the IT brush is perfect for a cream eyebrow product. The brush is unique since it has grooves in it that pick up and apply the cream by itself. You almost aren’t needed. By buying this combination from QVC you pay so much less than if you buy them separately. Even though I have the brush, I bought the combo again with the new shade. That’s how great this brush is. (I know this is OT since it’s not waterproof but I get a little carried away!)
7. IT COSMETICS LINER LOVE is a waterproof gel eyeliner. I prefer a gel eyeliner to a pencil though I’ll use all kinds. The first one I bought was Espresso and when I realized that QVC had a duo with an eyeliner brush I bought it in Silk Taupe seen here.
8. RIMMEL PROVOCALIPS 16 HOUR KISSPROOF LIP COLOR* in Play with Fire. This is NOT my shade. I don’t do red but I do appreciate this lip color. It comes in 10 shades with one side being the long wear lipstick and the other end the clear gloss. Give the liquid lipstick time to set before applying the gloss or it will be a gloppy mess. I wore this only once and boy did it last. I want to pick it up in Dare to Pink or Pucker Up for my more neutral lip look.
9. IT COSMETICS YOUR LIPS BUT BETTER WATERPROOF LIP LINER STAIN * – there’s that word again “waterproof”! Like I said before IT Cosmetics is your summer BFF when it comes to waterproof. These lipliners are currently available in 7 shades. My favorite is Buff Nude since it blends in with everything. These are great all over your lips with a touch of gloss too.
10. TARTE LIPSURGENCE * is a product you’ve seen me mention dozens of times. tarte makes several formulas and lots of shades, it doesn’t matter which you pick since all are terrific. While they aren’t called waterproof they last well on me and they don’t seem to melt when they are in my purse.
What do you use to stay beautiful and live through the summer heat? Curious minds want to know. — Marcia
*some products were press samples, others purchased