There is one thing that I’m a total bust at – well one thing I’ll admit to at least. That’s doing my eyebrows. I find it very difficult to get them to look natural when I apply any kind of eyebrow product on them. But I’m bound and determined to get better at this.
About 7 months ago I was sent Brow Renovation Serum from Joey Healy. You’ve seen Lisa doing lots of reviews for Joey Healy and it’s a line she loves. I haven’t tried anything other than this serum from his line but I see Lisa often enough to know that her brows look great with the products she uses from Joey Healy.
The reason I chose Brow Renovation Serum out of all the products that they sent to the blog is that I have wimpy brows. I swear they were great until one disastrous waxing session and now the front of my brows are skimpy. The shape is good at least but the hair at the start of my eyebrows are scant. I have used Joey Healy’s Brow Renovation Serum faithfully although I didn’t feel like I was seeing any progress. But now I realize that I have seen progress even though it’s not what I expected it to be.
What I’m finding is that my eyebrows are much thicker, there’s more hair and I actually have to tame them. I’ve never had to use a wax or brow gel on them because they were fine. I still don’t have a ton of brow hair in the front of my brows but I’m amazed that I have eyebrows to work with after all this time.
The directions on Brow Renovation Serum say to use it morning and night for 6 weeks and then switch to just nightly. I don’t use this during the day though. I find that the serum is a little on the thick side and a little too wet for daytime use. I don’t like using any cosmetics on my eyebrows with this on so I’ve just used the serum at night.
Brow Renovation Serum is a paraben-free formula containing pentapeptides, glycosaminoglycans and hyaluronic acid. These ingredients work together along with ACE vitamins and moisturizing agents to help condition, hydrate and strengthen brow hair.
Joey Healy’s website says you’ll see a difference in 6 weeks if you use this twice a day. My results varied for a few reasons – 1) I used it once a day and 2) I’m fighting Father Time and as I age my hair, including facial hair, changes for the worse.
Here’s an after without using anything on my eyebrows. You can see that they are fuller throughout even if they aren’t perfect.
But now when I use eyebrow makeup I actually have eyebrows that aren’t embarrassing.
This serum has worked for me even though it’s a very slow process; I continue to use it every evening. My eyebrows are fuller and even the front section is a little more lush. Even after 8 months of daily use, this still has enough product in it to keep going. I don’t always remember to fill in my eyebrows (old habits die hard) but when I do I thank Joey Healy and Brow Renovation Serum for helping make my eyebrows appear healthier and fuller. — Marcia
HOW IT WORKS:
• Hyaluronic Acid: One of nature’s strongest moisturizers, hyaluronic acid is capable of carrying up to a thousand times its weight in water. Eyebrows will become healthier, shinier, and stronger. Enhances circulation which stimulates hair growth.
• Panthenol (Vitamin B5): Moisturizes and strengthens hair; improves texture, suppleness, and sheen; increases durability and flexibility.
• Glycosaminoglycans: Moisture binding molecules that increase depth of hydration and enhance cellular renewal.
• Peptides: Amino acids that strengthen the hair follicle to support healthier and fuller eyebrows; improves health of surrounding skin for thicker growth.
• Glycerin: Follicle repair with increased moisture retention.
• Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C): Anti-oxidants to maintain moisture and skin health.
• Botanical extracts: Nourish hair, aid in absorption of nutrients, brightens and soothes eye area.
*pr sample; possible affiliate links