Whether you or your kids are going back to school or off to college, it’s the perfect time of year to find deals on essential beauty products. The Meijer Beauty team challenged me to find my top back-to-school picks, and it was gratifying to see my must-have bath, body and color items with wonderful prices. Considering I work in a high school and have kids in both college and middle school, I am all about finding the best products at the right price. Drumroll please…my top ten recommendations for essential (and budget friendly) back-to-school products.
1. J.R. Watkins Foaming Hand Soap ($4.99, I got it at Meijer for $4.49) The reason I first bought this hand soap was for the awesome vintage label. The reason I keep buying it? It’s excellent foaming hand soap, especially for the price. The soap in public buildings like schools is usually pretty rough stuff, I wash my hands all the time. My solution is to bring my own. I keep this soap in my office, and it would fit nicely into a locker. I like the Aloe and Green Tea scent as a real mood enhancer to help get the school year off right.
2. I love…Coconut & Cream Bubble Bath and Shower Cream ($7.29) This British brand is soooo good…doesn’t the packaging look like the Philosophy bottles? I actually prefer the I love… brand, and it is so much more affordable. I start my day with a shower then end it with a bubble bath, and the Coconut & Cream scent takes me right back onto vacation.
3. Goody 50 piece Ouchless No Metal Elastics ($2.19, but I got mine at Meijer for $1.10!) The perfect way to hide morning bedhead is with a ponytail or bun…and these Ouchless Elastics don’t snag, pull, or break hair strands.
4. Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream Kiss ($3.99) This super cute lip butter has only been available in the U.S. for about a year, and I am so happy it’s easily found now! It has great slip and keeps lips soft and moist, plus it tastes like caramel toffee. Yum.
5. Meijer Hand Sanitizer ($1.19) This is simply a must-have for purses and backpacks. You never know who was sitting in that desk or what nose they were picking…eewwwwww.
6. Cover Girl Bombshell Volume by Lashblast Mascara ($9.39) I think this is the best drugstore mascara out there. One end is the base coat, which gives definition and length perfect for casual days. When I want more oomph – and I mean fantastic oomph – I use the other end, the intensifying top coat. This side darkens lashes and provides mega-drama without any flakes or smearing.
7. Physician’s Formula Nude Eyes ($9.99, but I got mine at Meijer for an incredible $6.99) I am loving neutral, nude eyes with berry cheeks for the fall, and this nude eyeshadow palette is to die for. Is it reminding you of the Urban Decay Naked2 palette? Yup, me too, but this is way cheaper with the same quality. Use these shadows dry or wet for more intensity, and keep the palette sitting out because the packaging is stunning.
8. Maybelline Hi-Lighting Blush in Pink Rose ($8.29) Just check out the gorgeousness of this mosaic highlighter/blush. The soft, creamy shades can be used alone, but I like to swirl a big brush over the whole thing for a beautiful berry glow on my cheeks.
9 and 10. Nicole by OPI Nail Polish in Sing You Like a Bee and Cocoa a Gogo ($5.99 each) Going back to school is an awesome reason to treat yourself to a manicure and a pedicure, and these two shades are perfect for a nude and berry combo.
Sing You Like a Bee is from the Carrie Underwood collection. This is a gorgeous sheer white with golden shimmers. It is a beautiful shimmery nude look by itself, and it makes a perfect top layer over pretty much any color.
Cocoa a Gogo is a shimmery chocolate-brown that I love for pedicures…and it is the perfect color for transitioning into cool days and cozy nights by the fire. Even better, it smells like cinnamon!
Not only are these ten products essentials, it also costs less than $55 to purchase them all at Meijer. Get your style on for back to school and save money too!
Be sure to check out MeijerStyle.com the last week in August for a post with links to lots of blogger Back-to-School articles – one lucky person who comments on the MeijerStyle.com post will receive a gift basket of Back-to-School/Back-to-College products. – Lisa
*products reviewed courtesty of Meijer, opinions and selection of items all my own!