I can’t believe I am writing this, but sometimes I actually long for the days when my hair was so oily I had to wash it every single day. The constant washing/styling was a pain, but boy, my hair sure was naturally silky soft and shiny back then.
Nowadays…not so much. I still have nice hair but it needs HELP. My ends get so dry and they are prone to splitting, especially when I use heat styling tools. My hair is fine so super heavy treatments can weigh it down. I need a moisturizing treatment that tackles split ends and gives my fine hair some volume and I was hoping to find what I need in the KORRES Almond & Linseed Hair Mask ($22.50) I was sent.
The Almond and Linseed Hair Mask is a silicone-free conditioning mask that specifically addresses split ends. Ingredients include organic extracts from the Greek island of Crete that serve as antioxidants, along with almond and linseed to treat and prevent split ends. It also has Vitamin B3 and provitamin B5 for more textural support.
- Repairing mask for dry and damaged hair
- Helps nourish hair with moisture
- Helps hair retain its moisture
- Helps increase hair’s resistance against breakage and split ends with continued use
- Helps control frizzy hair
- Unique mix of extracts from the island of Crete contains aloe, dittany, mountain tea and marjoram
- Contains almond and linseed extracts, shea butter, meadowfoam seed oil, murumuru seed butter, hydrolyzed wheat protein, Vitamin B3 and Vitamin B5
- Contains no silicone, parabens, propylene glycol, mineral oil, petrolatum or ethanolamines
I really like this mask. It’s different from any other that I’ve tried. It has a light slightly sweet almond scent that dissipates quickly and while the mask is thick it rinses away cleanly. I find that the Almond and Linseed Hair Mask really takes care of split ends. Because it is silicone-free, it doesn’t leave hair slippery soft. It actually gives it some texture and increases volume, which is rather unusual for a conditioning treatment.
If you have dry, damaged hair with split ends, I recommend giving the Korres Almond and Linseed Hair Mask a whirl. While it doesn’t create silky hair, it does give major hydration and really great texture and volume. You can find it online at Sephora and HSN. – Lisa
*received for editorial consideration