When it comes time for gifting having a plan is always helpful. I created a post about a nail themed stocking yesterday and today I have a wonderful idea to add to that. These Q&Q Smile Solar Watches are perfect gifts and would make a stellar set when paired with a butter LONDON nail lacquer. I received the gray and silver combination and I just love it.
Q&Q is a division of Citizen Watches with some very reasonable prices. They have styles for men and women with a huge variety of designs. I have a SmileSolar in gray that looks fabulous with butter LONDON Diamond Geezer Polish. There are 16 different watches in the SmileSolar family ($40).
Once you charge the watch by leaving it in the light, the solar powered battery will keep it running for 3 to 5 months before you need to recharge it. All it takes is light. The watch is made of recycled material. Q&Q (Quest & Quality) has changed light into energy all while keeping the world green.
butter LONDON Diamond Geezer Nail Lacquer ($15) is a holiday polish that is festive but surprisingly not glitzy. A diamond geezer according to butter London is what the Cockneys call a kind, helpful and reliable man; A gem of a man.
This metallic polish is fabulous on. What amazes me most about it is that there were no streaks at all. Not even a hint of one. It applied smoothly and evenly. Definitely a gem.
I couldn’t get enough of either the polish or the Q&Q watch. Diamond Geezer is New Year’s Eve ready and the watch helps me keep time of how my life is frittering away. Which combination would be the most exciting for you? — Marcia
*sent for review consideration
Just a bit of luxury, a little extra treat in your day, is a fabulous gift. It doesn’t matter whether the item is actually expensive or not…anything that makes you smile and gives that feeling of being taken care of is such a treat. I’ve put together a holiday gift guide full of my picks for this sort of little helpers in life, with a mixture of goodies that are budget-friendly and others that satisfy the urge to go all out and splurge.
1. Scala Pronto Beret (SAVE! $32) Slouchy berets are a super hot trend right now and I love the Pronto Beret from Scala. This knit hat has metallic lurex thread throughout – the perfect thing to bring a smile on dreary winter days. It protects my hair from the wet snow and the harsh wind, and slipping on this cute beret immediately makes a bad hair day something I don’t have to deal with.
2. Aroma Sense Opus Wall Mounted Vitamin C Shower Head (SPLURGE! $79.99) Oh my is this a fabulous gift!! The box includes 1 shower head, 2 microfiber filters and 1 Vitamin C shower cartridge. The Vitamin C cartridge is excellent aromatherapy, plus it is very beneficial for hair and skin. Not only that, the shower head removes chlorine and rust while conserving water by 25%! I was sure the water pressure would be lessened, but this shower head does the opposite – it actually increases pressure by about 1 1/2 times. It even helps breathing and blood flow by producing four times more negative ions, which results in less stress and anxiety. A great shower is always pure luxury to me and this shower head definitely helps me have a great day! My husband is a contractor who regularly installs bathrooms and he is totally impressed with this magical shower head. https://aromasenseusa.com/
3. Soho London Love Fest Hanging Organizer (SAVE! $19.99) Who doesn’t need a hanging cosmetics organizer? And who can resist one in animal print called the Love Fest?? This neon trimmed tiger print hanging organizer is a fabulous gift. It has a small zip pocket for jewelry, a makeup brush organizer with a protective cover, plus a removable clear zip pouch. The Love Fest is a handy little helper that anyone on your list will be thrilled to get.
4. Farmhouse Fresh Cozy Sweater Candles (SAVE! $29) Oh Em Gee. There really isn’t a better way to light up those holidays than these ultra adorable candles with their very own knitted sweaters. Each candle comes in its own box with tiny windows…geez I’d almost buy these just for the outside packaging!! The candle with the red sweater is the Spiced Rum Candle and it smells like sweet orange, honey, clove and spice. The candle with the green sweater is Home Fir the Holidays and it smells like a fresh-cut Frazier fir tree. They are beyond fun and they smell AMAZING. These candles are made of a soy-blend wax, with phthalate-free scents that provides up to 50 hours of light, love, and delicious holiday fragrance.
5. FOREO LUNA for Women (SPLURGE! $199) The FOREO LUNA™ is my favorite facial cleansing tool of all time. A typical skin care brush is battery operated with a cleansing brush that eventually wears out and needs replacing. I have owned my FOREO LUNA™ for four years now and it not only doesn’t show any signs of wear, I’ve only had to charge it one time — and that’s with using it almost every single day. This unique little pink machine is truly beyond impressive. There is also a LUNA™ for Men made for men’s skin, and it comes in black, a more manly color. Here is a great FOREO Holiday Offer for you – 15% Off On LUNA & ISSA Devices + Free Shipping with the Promo Code: HolidayBeauty15. Expiration Date: Until 12/31/15.
6. Gurunanda 100% Essential Oils with Diffuser (SAVE! $19.99) Talk about all the rage…we all know the fantastic benefits of essential oils, and the best way to get all the benefits from them is through a diffuser. GuruNanda has a terrific set that includes calming lavender and uplifting peppermint essential oils, plus a really cool diffuser with a color-changing LED light that turns 7 different shades. This is a perfect gift for a teacher, co-worker, or anyone you know who needs some stress relief. I am going to bring one as a hostess gift for the New Year’s Eve party I am going to – I know she will love it. You can find this great set at Walmart.
7. C.O. Bigelow Musk Scented Candle (SAVE! $42) I always think candles are the ultimate little luxury. I love getting them as gifts and then feeling so indulgent when I burn one, luxuriating in the beautiful scent. A great choice for a minimalist friend is the C.O. Bigelow Musk Scented Candle. The candle is very chic, housed in a clear glass jar with the C.O. Bigelow signature. It has a lead-free wick and a 60 hour burn. The Musk Candle’s fragrance is a beautiful combination of bergamot, ylang ylang, muguet petals (lily of the valley), patchouli, vanilla bean, white cedar, and also of course musk. The combination creates a light musky scent that is surprisingly fresh.
8. Soho London Disney Wristlet (SAVE! $7.99) I don’t care if you are 6 or 106, you will be completely enchanted with the adorable Soho London Disney Wristlets. I have pictured two different styles featuring Cinderella, and the other Disney princesses have their own wristlets available as well. All the girls in my house are fighting over these adorable little bags….they are exactly what is needed for a tiny bit of magic in your day. – Lisa
*sent for editorial consideration, affiliate links
While we really aren’t invited to this great event, we did want to share something new going on with Shopbop. Who doesn’t wear denim? I practically live in it. I wear denim every single day and only change into something else when I must. Denim is a staple in my life and possibly in yours too.
Now Shopbop has their own collection called PRINCIPLE DENIM COLLECTION that’s all about denim with over 13 brands of stylish and fabulous jeans. Take a look at some of the featured items with every style of jean you can imagine.
I’m lusting after Paige Denim’s Slim Boot and Rag & Bone. I’m also lusting after those bodies but we can’t buy that. Get yourselves over to Shopbop for the best denim around! – Marcia
*affiliate for Shopbop
Starting to get excited for fall fashion? Me too! ShopBop has all the trends covered. Here are some favorites:
Don’t forget Tejido for amazing fall ponchos and sweaters.
The best night of the week? Date night. Whether you are going out with your significant other or with a gang of friends, nothing beats getting a little dressed up and cutting loose. Tonight my husband and I are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and I am prepared for a memorable night out with my five must-haves!
1. A kick-ass dress. Wearing a dress makes everything a little more special, as long as the dress is also as comfy as a pair of pj’s. My favorite this summer is the Market and Spruce Nic Striped Dress. It’s as soft as a favorite t-shirt and it doesn’t wrinkle. This dress looks good on almost every body shape.
I never would have picked it out at the store, though – all those stripes would have scared me away. I got mine through Stitch Fix, which is a fashion service that you really have to try. You can schedule a ‘fix’ anytime you want, and through a detailed questionnaire a stylist picks four to five items for you. Try them on, and if you don’t like them, send them back. If you keep all five, you get a killer discount. You can even create a Pinterest board of clothes you love and your stylist will look at it to help guide your picks. (If you want to check out my personal Stitch Fix board, it’s right HERE).
I am not an affiliate, but if you decide to try Stitch Fix and go through this link I’ll get credit for future boxes…and I’ll be forever grateful! Trust me on this one though…you WILL become addicted and your closet will become absolutely fabulous.
2. A sweet smelling travel-size tube of hand/body lotion. I can’t stand dry hands or arms, so I always carry a small tube of hand/body cream. It’s a great way to ward of crepey skin and to also freshen up after an intense Wobble or Electric Slide session. I like Whish Body Butter in Orange Cream. It reminds me of the orange creamsicles of my youth and makes me happy every time I slather some on.
3. An awesome manicure. I am all about holographic polishes these days. They look demure indoors, but get these babies under some lights and they are funkadelic. A favorite this season is KBShimmer What Are You Wading For?, the best blue polish I have ever had. It’s LE so get it before it’s gone!
4. A great faux-tan. As soon as I apply a natural looking faux-tan I immediately feel more confident. A little color brightens me up, makes me look thinner, and people no longer shield their eyes at my glaringly white skin when I wear shorts. Cocoa Brown 1 hour Tan Mousse is the bomb. Easy to apply, doesn’t transfer to clothes, and they now have a Dark shade for when I want to really get crazy.
5. A discreet breath spray. Despite our best intentions, all kinds of chemical warfare can unknowingly explode in your mouth, leaving you with dragon breath. I always carry a small spray bottle of oral antiseptic and KissSafe is the perfect choice. I like how it assumes I am going to be kissing someone, not just blathering on whilst unknowingly invading someone’s personal space. KissSafe isn’t sharply minty, it’s gentle yet extremely effective. This little baby hides right in my purse. A quick discreet spray and no one will have to subtly offer me a breath mint.
With a great dress, soft skin, heart stopping nails, healthy tanned skin and oral antiseptic, my date night is bound to be a major success. Tonight our celebration is at an old-school Italian restaurant in downtown Detroit and I’ve got my action plan all in place. I am ready for some romance, some silliness, and some lighthearted reminiscing. What are some of your date night must-haves? – Lisa
*except for Stitch Fix, all items received for editorial consideration
#StitchFix #KBShimmer #WhishBeauty #CocoaBrownTan #KissSafe