On Black Friday I was convinced (that’s my excuse) to purchase some EM Cosmetics since they were having a BOGO sale. I guess I was in the mood to spend a lot since I added their Eye Primer to my cart. I paid $12.76 for two although I notice that they cost $15 each now. Whether I pay $15 or under $7 this is what I consider a best buy. It turns out that I love this shadow primer. I’ve got backups of my Too Faced Shadow Insurance plus about 7 other eyeshadow primers so this is not something I needed. But now that I have it I’m in love.
The EM Cosmetics site calls this transparent which it is and it isn’t. When you first apply it you’ll see a white liquid that has a very subtle shimmer. It takes a minute or so to dry and at that point it will be transparent. It’s very lightweight even though it goes on wet at first.
Here’s why I love this… let me count the ways
1. The price I paid was excellent but I still don’t consider the real price of $15 to be out of line.
2. It’s totally amazing with the em Cosmetics line of eyeshadows. There’s a definite difference in the longevity of wear with their shadows.
3. It’s just as long wearing with other brands of eyeshadows.
4. While it appears shimmery it just gives a subtle brightness to shadows therefore it livens up some of those mattes that I’m not crazy about. Even those of you who are afraid of any shimmer shouldn’t find this to be anything but giving a little more lightness to your shadows.
5. I like the wand which some people may not care for. It’s easy to get the product out and I like smoothing it on my eyelid. There’s a subtle curve to the wand that helps it on your lid. In addition it gets out the right amount.
6. The website says to think of it as a magnet for your eyes and I totally agree. Shadows adhere to it beautifully and it brings out the pigmentation of them.
It’s pretty obvious by now that this is a valentine to this particular product. The Eye Primer was the winner in my Black Friday spree. Now if only I could figure out where I put that second one!!
What eyeshadow primer do you use? — Marcia
fill weight: 4.5 ml/0.15 fl oz
CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE DABEILLE
SHOREA ROBUSTA BUTTER / SHOREA ROBUSTA SEED BUTTER
BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER