Further reviews on these can be found on Beauty Info Zone
IT Cosmetics Hello Light Anti-Aging Creme Illuminator
Further reviews on these can be found on Beauty Info Zone
Top 10 Tuesdays picked a topic that’s close to my heart for this go around. I’m a nail polish junkie even if I have no artistic skills and can’t even apply well. I love having a collection of the prettiest and newest nail polishes but I rarely forget about my previous ones. I didn’t quite narrow it down to 10 but I forced myself to stop adding new ones. It’s easy to see what my favorite colors are in my pictures but I’m always willing to experiment. I hope you enjoy what you see. Let me know if any of these are favorites of yours too. — Marcia
1. TRIND Caring Color in SURF’S UP – this is the prettiest teal I own. I’m crazy about metallic polishes and Surf’s Up is an outstanding one. The wear was great. Toes will cry out for this shade but so do my nails.*
2. FORMULA X in A LITTLE SEXY - I feel a whole lot sexy with this denim blue almost lavender polish. This set me off on a light blue craze but this is my favorite of the ones I used. Pick this up at Sephora before it’s gone since it’s a limited edition.
3. ROCOCCO in SANDRINE CREAM – I love this blue too. It’s deeper and less denim than the FormulaX but it’s a stunning light blue that is perfect now and will remain so in the summer. I bought this online but it’s harder to find now.
4. COLOR ME MONTHLY – CHIFFON – Whenever Color Me Monthly sends a polish I swoon. The surprise of this subscription box is what makes it so much fun. Chiffon is a beautiful lavender that I hope will be in their Vault so you can pick it up if you don’t subscribe.*
5. FACE STOCKHOLM #168 - Not an original name but this purple is just too pretty for me to care!*
6. FACE STOCKHOLM AURA – Last summer Face Stockholm came out with holographic nail polishes and Aura blew me away. Imagine sitting in the sun and being able to look at this beauty. It shines and so will you.*
7. butter LONDON MOLLY CODDLED – This is the first Radiant Orchid item I bought once the color was announced by Pantone. It’s still my favorite Radiant Orchid cosmetic. This will always be in style, no matter what the color of the year is.
8. FORMULA X in FIERY – I do love my red polish. Fiery is a flaming red metallic that you’ll love all year long. This is truly seasonless – wear it on your toes this summer and your nails any time.
9. DIOR in FRONT ROW – I obviously didn’t need another red polish but this is more of a pinky red and it’s Dior’s new gel formula so I was justified in buying this. The wear and application are terrific and I’ll be back for more new Dior now.
10. butter LONDON in KERFUFFLE – The best peach I’ve ever tried. I normally don’t look good in peach but this is a pinky peach that is perfection. I hope Ulta does more BOGO so I can buy more colors like this.
11. and 12. butter LONDON LOLLY BRIGHTS in Lolly and Stroppy – These two polishes got compliments galore and will continue to do so all spring and summer. They are metallics with shimmer embedded in them. The colors are bright and happy.*
Visit the other Top 10 nail lovers to find the delights they have to share. I have my trigger finger ready for fun.
*items were sent for consideration
Do you ever make a promise to yourself that you just can’t keep? I do and I did. I promised myself no more high end polish buys. I wear a nail polish about two times, maybe 3, so it seems a waste to buy an expensive polish when there are gorgeous ones for less money out there.
But I saw Dior Front Row Nail Lacquer, knew it was a new formula, and instantly caved. How could I not? YOU needed to know about this new nail lacquer so I was forced to do it for you. You can thank me later.
How can someone resist a pinky red polish with microscopic shimmer? How can someone resist a polish that flashes blue and purple in bright light? How can someone resist a polish that’s almost neon but not in your face neon? If that someone is named Marcia then they can’t resist.
I first saw the polish on The Beauty Look Book. That girl could sell me anything and has. Her photography is so stunning and she has amazing taste. I always want the lipsticks and polishes she reviews. She caught me with Front Row and I didn’t forget about it.
Dior created a new formula and named it Couture Colour Gel Shine and Long Wear Nail Lacquer. The brush is different than on my other Dior polishes. The stem seems shorter and the brush wider. It picks up a lot of polish at one time so be sure to watch that or take off the excess. My nail tech told me she loved the brush and loved the application. It never pooled into my cuticles and it was beautifully opaque in two coats.
I’m not a photographer and I know smart phones don’t take the best pictures but I loved how the color popped in the picture below. My car is a true red and in comparison you can see the fuchsia that’s in Front Row.
There are two problems with this nail polish – 1) It’s $25 and 2) I want more of the new Dior formula. Simply gorgeous, easy to work with and a killer color. I’m taking a bow from the Front Row right now! — Marcia
This week’s version is our favorite mascara. You’ve got to know that for me, and most likely my comrades in this, that means “of the moment”. Fickle is my middle name. I have a mascara that I love but that doesn’t mean I can’t love more than one (or two or three or ten). I finally narrowed my favorites down to Armani Eyes To Kill and IT Cosmetics Hello Lashes. I was so excited to have an easy war to take part in. Two fabulous mascaras that I love wearing.
But ….. Cue the music….. Along comes Mary. And as a woman’s prerogative the situation changes. Mary aka Dior Iconic Mascara is now on my lashes and I like it, I really like it. But do I like it enough to win this challenge?
Dior Iconic is the newest addition to their line of mascaras. Just about everyone knows of DiorShow since that’s their most famous. One of my favorites is Dior Extase but I don’t have one at the moment so it didn’t make the cut. Iconic gives me lashes that stay curled all day long. I don’t find a lot of volume from it but I do find I get definition and curl. Plus I can layer it and it never smudges or flakes. I put a few coats on in the morning and then if I’m going out at night, I comb through my lashes and add a few more coats for some va-va voom.
Here’s what Dior has to say about this brush: “the Iconic brush features soft silicone bristles that spiral around the stem to lift, curl, and separate every lash.” The brush is plastic and comb like. The formula makes this mascara very long lasting.
So here’s the dilemma after all – do I go for definition with Armani Eyes to Kill or do I go for volume and definition with It Cosmetics Hello Lashes or do I go for curl and definition with Dior Iconic? Which would you pick? Would you pick It Cosmetics Hello Lashes like I’m picking? When I look at current pictures of my eyes and put on my memory cap I realize that the most striking lashes are It Cosmetics Hello Lashes. — Marcia
Come see what my fellow warriors are wearing – either click through with “previous” or “next” or click on their icons. Which is your favorite?
I’m back in the jungle, the mighty jungle, with Dior Cosmetics. I’ve shown you Golden Light nail polish and told you I doubted I’d be able to resist more. I wasn’t!! So Golden Savannah 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow palette (774) is now mine. When I was reading up about Golden Savannah I kept finding references to the limited edition Iridescent Leather palette (539) so I decided that it would be helpful to compare these two as well. Both of these are 5 Couleurs aka Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palettes from Dior.
Golden Savannah has 5 colors though only 4 will be used by me. The center diamond is an extremely glittery light gold that is gorgeous but way too much for me, even as an accent. The glitter runs through the shadow as far as I can tell by swatching it over and over. I think on someone younger though it would be absolutely stunning either alone or over another color in the palette. Golden Savannah is a combination of browns and brownish green. Of the 4 color shades 3 are a satiny finish while 1 is a matte. The colors clockwise from top left are:
–Matte light brown, sort of a Hershey milk chocolate with a little cream added in. This applies very lightly on me.
–Golden medium brown, this has some sparkle but no glitter. There’s a lot of gold but it’s not brassy gold. Love this shade!! The texture is divine. The gold is tempered by the brown. I feel twinkly with this on my lid.
–Dark brown satin finish with a cool undertone. It’s not a very unusual shade but it’s great for the palette and is the type of brown I enjoy wearing.
Iridescent Leather in the same order:
–Golden brown that’s more brown than gold
–Gold but not like the gold in Golden Savannah, this is lighter and slightly more yellow
–Dark satin finish brown that’s similar to GS but warmer
–The diamond on Iridescent Leather is much more useful for me since it isn’t glittery, it’s a cream satin.
You can see that there are some similarities but not enough that I didn’t need both. Actually they work together quite well. Iridescent Leather was a big time favorite when I bought it and I’m sure that Golden Savannah will become another favorite. What I like about both of these are how usable all the shades are. In too many of my Dior palettes I’ll find that the shades are gorgeous in the palette but then look alike on my eyes. With Golden Savannah the colors are distinct and unique. The quality of the eyeshadows in this palette is superb. The colors apply beautifully with amazing pigmentation (other than the glittery center which is light and on the dry side) and they last well with an eyeshadow primer.
To see some fabulous photos of Golden Savannah check out Temptalia. (I want her to adopt me for a while so I can learn to take those pictures!!)
I’m enjoying my time in the jungle and am thinking about a return visit for Khaki Design. This collection unfortunately is limited edition and while Nordstrom (where I bought mine) has it online I heard it was a hot seller. — Marcia