What products do you have use that are strictly for under your eyes? What products do you have that will multi-task so that you can use them under your eyes and elsewhere on your face? That’s what this week’s Makeup Wars is taking on. I went through my drawer that I keep most of my concealers in and pulled out what you see in the above picture. These are the items that are in current use but oh baby, there are more. Let’s take a look though to see what Marcia’s eyes are sporting these days.
I had to start with the eye serums that I’m using lately. I didn’t really realize until I took my pictures that I was using an eye serum day and night.In the morning I’m using SUSTAINABLE YOUTH ANYTIME LIFT EYE TREATMENT with ALASTA*. I’ve chosen that for mornings because it doesn’t interfere with makeup and it helps with puffiness and dark circles. At night I’m loving ATAL ADVANTAGE VELVET EYE SERUM* which will get a complete review soon.
ATAL Advantage Velvet Eye Serum is a cross between a serum and an eye cream. I took to this like a duck takes to water. I’m loving how the ingredients are helping to moisturize my undereye area and fighting my fine lines.
Next are my correctors. At the moment I’m going between two different ones. PIXI CORRECTION CONCENTRATE in BRIGHTENING PEACH* and BECCA UNDER EYE BRIGHTENING CORRECTOR.
PIXI Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach is a thicker product and needs an eye cream under it to make it go on smoothly. This really does a great job of cancelling out dark circles. I always use a foundation with this since it can look a little too peach otherwise on my fair complexion.
BECCA Under Eye Brightening Corrector is a softer product. The texture is creamier so it glides on easily and the color is more brightening. The price difference is substantial ($12 and $29) so if you are on a budget go with Pixi.
I can’t seem to get enough concealers, it’s one of my weaknesses. While I chose 6 here there are more that I use and love. I use all of these concealers under my eyes and some I’ll use elsewhere on my face too. When we leave the house at night the first thing I do is grab a concealer and fix my face.
1. IT COSMETICS CC+ EYE* … Originally this was only available in a TSV but IT got smart and it’s now available separately. I have 3 different IT Cosmetics undereye concealers but chose to show this one because it has SPF50+ and it’s got amazing coverage. This is the concealer that has a slanted metallic applicator though I seem to get too much out if I apply it with the applicator. This is a full coverage concealer which may be too heavy for some people in summer but I use a very small amount and blend well.
2. COVER FX CAMOUFLAGE CONCEALER aka Conceal FX is one I use anywhere and everywhere. This is a terrific general concealer so you really can buy this and be done. When I saw that they manufactured this in X-Light I was instantly sold.
3. TARTE SMOOTH OPERATOR AMAZON CLAY CONCEALER is one of two tarte concealers I love, the other being Maracuja Concealer in the tube. This is the only stick concealer that I use even though I have much more expensive ones. I love the portability, the ease of application and that it comes light enough for me in Fair.4. NARS RADIANT CREAMY CONCEALER in Light is one I didn’t take to right away. I bought it because of the raves but it took me a while to like it. It will never be my favorite but it’s the wand concealer I find myself using the most these days. It’s very creamy and long lasting.
5. DIORSKIN NUDE CONCEALER has gone through a few changes. I bought this originally and within weeks they came out with a new improved version so I exchanged it. It’s a great undereye concealer and one I like to use a lot to touch up with at night.
6. DIORSKIN STAR CONCEALER is an even newer version of concealer for Dior. I use this interchangeably with Dior’s Nude Concealer and don’t see much difference between the two.
Last are my highlighting concealers from Charlotte Tilbury, Dior and YSL. YVES ST LAURENT TOUCH ECLAT has been a favorite for years and years. I’ve gone through half a dozen of them. I like the original formula, Radiant Touch, because it brightens my undereyes and gives them a lift. I wear this any time I want to look and feel my best. CHARLOTTE TILBURY THE RETOUCHER is my newest one and I think I bought it because of the brand. I have it in #1 Fair and it’s a got good concealing properties along with a touch of brightening. DIOR SKINFLASH RADIANCE BOOSTER PEN is Dior’s answer to YSL. I bought this in #2 which has just a small touch of peach to it.
It takes a lot to be presentable these days!! Which of these have your tried? Which of these do you want to try? Check out what the other Makeup Wars bloggers use so you can find a favorite. — Marcia
*starred items were sent for consideration, rest are personal purchases