Sometimes you just can’t resist. The lure of the product is too much and before you know it you’ll find that product in a shopping cart and your fingers ready to hit “BUY NOW”. That’s how I am with brushes. I love a good cosmetic brush and always want to splurge on them.
BECCA THE ONE PERFECTING BRUSH is a brush to splurge on. I was sent this through my membership in iFabbo and it’s made my life that much happier. It’s called “The One” because it’s supposed to take the place of all your brushes or at least most of them. That’s not going to happen but it does work beautifully for certain applications.
Becca The One Perfecting Brush is supposed to cut your makeup application time in half by replacing 10 other brushes and tools: foundation brush, powder brush, contour brush, bronzer brush, stipple brush, fan brush, blush brush, kabuki and sponge. That’s a big job for anyone. The brush has a 3.5″ head that’s about 0.75′” wide. The Goat Hair bristles are very densely packed while being fluffy and soft at the same time.
Can I use this in place of 10 brushes? Not at all but what I can use it for makes it worth its $49 price. I’ve used this with foundation, pressed powder, loose powder, and blush without a problem. I can’t judge it on bronzer since I so rarely use that but I can envision it. The brush sides curve enough for blending the bronzer as you go along. With blush you need to be careful to only use one side of the brush so you don’t end up overdoing your application. It won’t be perfecting if you look like Bozo.
My favorite uses:
1) Liquid foundation – I dab the foundation on one side of my face and use the brush to blend it in. The brush doesn’t really absorb the foundation so it’s not using too much. I then switch to the other side of my face and then sweep the brush over the middle to merge the two. I always end with a swirling application since that seems to smooth away any lines that might be seen.
2) Loose powder – I use a loose powder (Purely Cosmetics Diamond Perfect Finish Powder or It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores) several times a week. I need a brush that will make the powder one with my skin and not just sit on top. Becca’s The One does a great job with that. This is another swirler.
3) Pressed powder (foundation or finishing powder) – I am still using Darac Beauty Sifted Blur powder (it’s over 3 years old). I hit pan a long time ago but it’s my favorite finishing powder and it’s no longer available. Becca and Darac are good friends now. The powder foundation I use is from It Cosmetics from a TSV (I love those things) and Becca The One is used with Celebration foundation now.
4) Blush – I only use this brush when I want a very natural blush look, something that gently enhances but doesn’t scream blush.
5) It has taken the place of my kabuki brush for powder but not for cream blush.
Is this brush “the one”? Not really but it’s a terrific brush for what it does do. It can take the place of many of your brushes and feel luxurious while it’s doing so. You won’t be tossing other brushes but you will be reaching for this often if you are anything like me. — Marcia
*received from iFabbo for possible review. This is a Sephora exclusive.