Every other Tuesday the Top Ten bloggers share items we’d like you to know about. Concealers are something very few of us can live without. As I age it seems that there’s more to conceal. I’m not ready to give up the fight. These are concealers that I own and use all the time. Can you find 10 that you love? — Marcia
1. YSL Touche Eclat – Technically this is not a concealer, it’s a highlighter. But I find that it gives me a lift with its luminizing quality that takes people’s eyes (or my mind) away from the dark circles. Unfortunately the price keeps going up on this but one can last me for a year so the $40 that it costs is more than worth it. I buy and I try every product like this but none seem to compare.
2. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer – I’ve mentioned this concealer about 254,690 times on Beauty Info Zone. It was a miracle when I first discovered it and it remains a miracle to this day. Absolutely a favorite of mine.
3. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Corrector Concentrate* – This is the newest concealer from IT Cosmetics and it’s much more heavy duty than the original. It’s actually a “corrector” which you can use to conceal or correct.
4. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Skin Conceal* - When I need true concealing then I pull out this OCC Concealer. It’s incredible since it comes in 12 multi-ethnic shades, is paraben free, is cruelty free and is free of all the other nasties. This $20 pot will last you forever since it’s so concentrated. I wear this in Y1 (light yellow based skintone) and in RO (palest red based skintone) though not at the same time.
5. Benefit Fake-Up – When I bought this I had some misgivings. I hadn’t had a lot of luck with Benefit but there was something about it that appealed to me. I ended up using it almost every day this past summer. The outer core is an eye balm with the inner core being the concealer. It’s moisturizing and a double duty product. I probably need more moisturizing now that it’s colder so I should start using it again.
6. Senna Highlight Concealer – As much as I love this Senna Concealer in Lite, I miss the original concealer that got me stuck on Senna – Cameo. Luckily I have some in my possession. The light peach of Cameo counteracts my dark circles. I’ve used up at least 3 of them. Lite is close but not quite peachy enough. Yet it’s a great creamy concealer.
7. Three Custom Colors aka 3CC – This is another concealer that I’ve used for quite a while though I haven’t bought it recently. It’s very creamy and doesn’t settle into my undereye creases. It also can be used as a foundation using a damp sponge and patting it on your skin. On the 3CC website it comes in 10 colors including two very dark shades which is nice for a change.
8. Tarte Smooth Operator* – Tarte’s concealer in stick form is an affordable alternative to Cle de Peau and Le Metier de Beaute in my opinion. They feel and look similar on my eyes yet Smooth Operator won’t hurt your credit card. It’s one of their more full coverage concealers. I’ve been using this so much lately that I’m worried about finishing it which means more shopping (what a hardship!).
9. Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Waterproof Concealer* – Maracuja Concealer was my first Tarte concealer love and I haven’t forgotten it, I just cheat on it at times. I had to buy a backup since I’m so close to finishing my original. I love this creamy liquid for under my eyes especially.
10. Dior Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer – That’s a mouthful but it does what it says. This is a revamp of their original Dior Nude Concealer and this newer one is more hydrating than it used to be. Color and texture are the same so if you loved the original, you’ll love this one more. It was recommended to me by a Nordstrom MA that I trust and she was absolutely right about it.
Well I could go on and on since I haven’t mentioned Dior Skinflash or any of my half dozen MAC Concealers but I decided not to cheat (this time). Have you used any of my Top Ten? Which concealer is your favorite? — Marcia
* items were sent for review
Now it’s time to find out what concealers the other bloggers love and want us to buy!!