What if we tell you that you can have lips that last up to 18 hours even if you kiss, eat, drink or sweat? What if we tell you that you can have lips that don’t smudge? And what if we tell you that the products we were sent by BOMBSHELL COSMETICS are wax-free, vegan, cruelty free, gluten free, lead free and make you look and feel like a Bombshell? You can have all that and your choice of 70 shades with Bombshell Cosmetics’ LIPSENSE.
Lauren Williamson is a LipSense representative who has kindly sent three 3 different shades of their Long Lasting Lip Color plus glosses our way. She has completely convinced us that LipSense by SeneGence has improved exponentially over the years and is now a brand that we’ve fallen for. Check out our shades and our opinions.
Key Ingredients and Benefits
• SD Alcohol 40 – used as a delivery system for the color technology; creates a germ and bacteria-free environment.
• Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract – a natural calming plum flower herb.
• Hypericum Perforatum Extract – also known as St John’s Wort, a natural herb used to elavate mood and treat depressions.
• Tilia Cordata Flower Extract – a natural flower extract rich in flavonoids and a powerful anti-oxidant.
• Isodonis Japonicus Extract – Fragrant plant extract that contains terpenes, shown to have medicinal properties to soothe skin.
• Mica – an earth mineral used to give products sparkle and shine.
• Titanium Dioxide – an inert earth mineral used as a thickening ingredient and sunscreen in cosmetics. It protects skin from UVA and UVB radiation and is considered to have no risk of skin irritation.
MARCIA IS LOVING BRAVO AND LUV IT
LipSense is a company that’s been around for a long time but they’ve changed for the better. I tried their products many many moons ago and didn’t care for them. Maybe it’s that I wasn’t used to long wear lipstick, maybe it was that I didn’t quite “get” liquid lipstick, or maybe it was that the colors were too dark for me. Whichever maybe it turned out to be, it’s all changed for me now. With 70 shades to choose from it was really hard to narrow it down. When I told Lauren that I liked a light natural lip she sent both Bravo and Luv It.
LipSense talks a lot about layering colors and having two shades is perfect for layering. BRAVO is a warm matte peachy nude that shows up quite nude on my pale lips. I’ve used it two ways: as a base for Luv It and over Luv It other times. I can see this becoming the perfect lipstick for my future purchases if they are darker than I normally wear.
LUV IT is a gorgeous pinky peach LipSense and it’s named appropriately for my taste. It’s a perfect shade for me since I never want my lips to be what you see first yet they are finished in a flattering color.
What you want to buy two of is their Gloss because you’ll want to apply this throughout the day. I have Moisturizing Gloss and it lives up to its name.
I don’t really like the feel of gloss so I don’t wear it often but this isn’t sticky and my hair isn’t attracted to it. It’s miraculous in that way. It really helps to keep your color fresh looking and your lips looking lively.
Then there’s OOPS to help remove your lips at the end of the day and to help if you make an OOPS when applying.
The only problem I’ve found with Bombshell Cosmetics is that these colors sell out quickly. I’m dying to buy Pink Champagne and another gloss (I want one in the house and one in my purse) so I’ve emailed Lauren (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out when Pink Champagne will be available. I can’t wait to hear back from her.
LISA LOVES FLEUR de LISA
Happily, Bombshell Cosmetics sent me the shade Fleur de Lisa…how appropriate! I love the color, a shimmery medium pink. It’s definitely a shade I wear often, so the possibility of wearing this all day long without having to reapply sounded great to me. Here is what I found:
- Make sure your lips are truly dry. One time I used this about fifteen minutes after putting on some lip cream, and it just didn’t wear well. Clean and dry means clean and dry!
- With my shade, one coat was very light. Two coats mean a pretty but still light pink. Three coats was perfect for enough pigmentation, shimmer, and wear.
- Be sure to shake that bottle!!! If it’s not well shaken, it doesn’t have as much pigmentation.
- Resist the urge to press your lips together in between applications. It doesn’t take long to dry, and I get much better results when I am good about it.
- The hydrating lip gloss is fantastic. It gives amazing slip without being sticky. Love it…I even use it when I don’t wear the pink shade!
- With properly prepped lips, I got a good 8+hours of excellent wear time. I have to say, this is one of the best long-wearing lip products I have ever used. And if I get a little overzealous in my application, the Oops! Remover cleans up those edges quickly and easily.
Now that you’ve seen 3 of the 70 shades, it’s time to visit Bombshell Cosmetics to find out more and when you can get a hold of these lovelies! We think that Lipsense really makes sense – beautiful colors and excellent wear that doesn’t dry out lips. What more could you ask for?? – Marcia and Lisa
*sent for editorial consideration