I’ve been a subscriber to Wantable’s Cosmetic boxes for several years now. Occasionally I receive a box for review which I did with the two boxes I’m going to share today. I’m grateful when that happens and hate to bash them if there’s a miss but one of these two boxes is a total miss for me which is unfortunate. Let me know if either of these would be a hit or a miss for you.
FEBRUARY’S COSMETIC WANTABLE BOX:
As usual there are only full size cosmetic items in this package. A subscription costs $36 per month and this February box has a value of $77 which is makes it worth twice as much as paid.
1) BODYOGRAPHY LOOSE COMPLEXION POWDER in PORCELAIN ($24) – this has a very smooth and silky texture and the color is perfect for my fair skin.
2) BODYOGRAPHY MAKEUP REMOVER WIPES ($12) – this contains 50 wipes. I’ve never seen a package of wipes this big. It’s double the typical size. I won’t use this on my eyes even though it says it can remove waterproof makeup but these will get used. It should last me for months and months.
3) LORD & BERRY LIQUID EYELINER in BLACK ($24) – I’m a huge fan of liquid eyeliner though I do have enough black liners for the next few years. This is a truly waterproof liner. I couldn’t get it off my hand with water even hours later. It’s not my favorite type of packaging since I tend to be more messy with a short brush but when I want long lasting, this will be it.
4) FRANKIE ROSE LIPSTICK in PINK MELON ($16) is the prize in the package. My blog partner Lisa has reviewed several Frankie Rose products but this is my first experience with them and it’s a winner! This lipstick is beautifully pigmented and has a beautiful shine all on its own. It’s creamy and moisturizing.
What a gorgeous color!
WANTABLE COSMETIC BOX FOR MARCH
My March box has me confused and you’ll soon see why. The value of this box is $66.50 and contains 4 full size products.
1) BODYOGRAPHY NAIL LACQUER in FANCY FREE ($8.50) is a very pretty spring peach cream polish. Even though it’s a full size, Bodyography’s polishes are a little smaller than most.
2) AU NATURALE LIP & CHEEK TINT in PARISIAN PINK ($22) is a conundrum. The color in the pot is very appealing.
The color once applied is basically invisible. I like a light lip but this is totally clear on my lips. And it doesn’t show up on my cheeks. I got one swatch seen below to photograph and never could recreate it.
3) and 4) BILLION DOLLAR BROWS BROW POWDER in LIGHT BROWN and in TAUPE ($18 each) – UM, why did I get the same product in two shades? And since my hair is dark brown can I really use Light Brown?
I’m sure the idea behind this is to mix the colors but this just doesn’t work for me. I’ve got it already in Taupe (which they couldn’t possibly have known) and I like it in Taupe but I really wish they had sent me a totally different product instead of the Light Brown.
I don’t think you’ll have a problem knowing which is the hit and which is the miss. The great thing about Wantable though is that they have a no hassle return policy. On your packing slip you’ll find the actual cost and the price you’ll get if you return any items. So I can return the ones that don’t work for me and get a credit toward my next box or a refund for the value. Wantable makes a shopping experience easy and fun. You can change around your profile preferences as often as you wish to get the customized box of your dreams. I’m removing powders and brows for now since I’m overloaded and will add back in highlighters which was off my list for a while.
I’ve certainly got some winners from Wantable and even the ones I won’t use might be great for someone else. Which box do you think was my HIT? Are you ready to hit with Wantable? If so please use the Beauty Info Zone affiliate link to sign up. — Marcia
Disclosure – affiliate links, sent for review using affiliate credits