Aveeno Skincare and Lubriderm are joining together to bring you a #WinterSkin conversation with Dr. Jacob on December 11th from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. EST on Twitter. You can get all the tips on keeping your skin smoother and better moisturized. You can ask Dr. Jacob questions during this tweet session and make it personal to you.
To join in tweet @Crowdtappers and use the tag #WinterSkin.
Yes you’ve seen this sign before because I recently reviewed Aveeno’s wonderful Soothing Bath Treatment that contains 100% Natural Collodial Oatmeal, a signature ingredient of Aveeno. I’ve relied on Aveeno Collodial Oatmeal for years and years so writing about it has been a pleasure.
In honor of National Oatmeal Day Aveeno has graciously offered a giveaway for 2 Beauty Info Zone readers. If you win you’ll receive a box of the 8 packet Soothing Bath Treatment as well as the Daily Moisturizing Lotion (also fragrance free) that I wrote about. These are products that are wonderful for the whole family.
This giveaway is open to US subscribers only through November 11th. The prize will be sent by Aveeno. If comments close early, comment on our FB page or to email@example.com. Lots of luck! — Marcia
Now if it’s up to me, this is how I’m going to celebrate the day: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. It’s National Oatmeal Day! Oatmeal is an extremely healthy, versatile food that can be eaten any time of day. It is both filling and low in calories, which makes it the perfect breakfast or snack. Oatmeal is also delicious baked in cookies. (from punchbowl.com)
What I’d love to do after eating those cookies is go upstairs to take a bath using the AVEENO BATH TREATMENT. Right now my skin is super dry because I’m unable to get to my bathroom for proper bathing. Aveeno sent a box of 8 fragrance free bath packets and I’ve been eyeing them since they came.
AVEENO SOOTHING BATH TREATMENT is a colloidal oatmeal skin protectant that is dermatologist recommended. I’ve used this in the past with my own kids since one of them had a lot of allergies that included itchy skin. If it was good enough for him, it’s great for me.
This soothing bath treatment for itchy, irritated skin is made of finely milled 100% pure ACTIVE NATURALS® Colloidal Oatmeal—an ingredient long recognized for its ability to relieve itching. When dispersed in water, this powder forms a soothing milky bath that works as a natural cleanser, provides temporary skin protection, and relieves irritation and itching.
All the ingredients in this are derived from nature and uniquely formulated. The Colloidal Oatmeal used in this is for skin protection. No matter what day or season it is, this soothing bath product can help. In warmer weather use it for insects bites, prickly heat, sunburn, and reactions to poison ivy/oak/sumac. All year round use this for rashes, eczema, hives and diseases like chicken pox. When your skin is overly dry use the Soothing Bath Treatment to get rid of the dry skin and then follow up with one of the many Aveeno Moisturizing Lotions. I’ve been using the fragrance free version of Daily Moisturizing Lotion with success.
Some people have a Bucket List, I have a bathroom list and the Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment is way up on there. — Marcia
*Beauty Info Zone is an Aveeno Ambassador and as such we occasionally receive products to use and for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own.
With the summer season upon us, here are five common sun-protection mistakes (and how to fix them) from our friends at Aveeno and Acuvue.
1. Ditching Sunscreen on Cloudy Days… If you think a cloudy day means it’s safe to be UV-protection free, think again! You can get just as much UV exposure when it is cloudy, as you can on a bright, clear day. Make sure to cover up and apply a board spectrum sunscreen like AVEENO® PROTECT+ HYDRATE® Lotion Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 30, even if it’s cloudy.
2. Not Protecting Your Eyes… It is just as important to protect our eyes as it is our skin. The effects of UV exposure to the eyes are mostly cumulative and can cause irreversible harm to the eye if it is left unprotected or under protected. For comprehensive protection, consider the triad of protection: A hat with a brim, UV blocking sunglasses that have a wrap or wider temples on the sides, and for contact lens wearers, UV blocking contact lenses such as ACUVUE® OASYS® Brand Contact Lenses, which has the highest level of UV blocking in a contact lens.
3. Relying Solely on Your Makeup…More is better when it comes to sun protection and while your makeup may contain SPF, it is not enough. For optimal protection, prime your skin with a tinted color correcting cream containing broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection like NEOVA DNA Damage Control SILC SHEER 2.0 [Broad Spectrum SPF 40], before applying foundation.
4. Ignoring Expiration Dates… Yes, your sunscreen has an expiration date and it does matter! Using sunscreen that is past its expiration date, will result in less effective protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays. To make sure your sunscreen is in tip-top-shape, also check out the label’s suggested storage condition.
5. Getting Into a Hairy Situation… Sun protection is a head-to-toe affair and no part of your body should be left out this summer – including your hair! When it comes to hair, over exposure to UV rays can result in faded color, brittle shafts and split ends. To keep your locks looking luscious, use products that protect from damage caused by sun exposure.
It’s been three weeks since I took the Aveeno Daily Challenge #aveenodailychallenge and I am happy to report that my two goals have been met! Every day for the past three weeks I have slept at least 8 hours per night, and every day I have used my Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion.
By making a conscious decision to get more sleep, I truly realized the benefits of proper rest. It improves the immune system, increases memory and learning, and also speeds up metabolism. It also has a huge effect on mood, judgment, and just motivation in general. Lack of sleep, of course, has a negative effect on all of those areas. Plus, being tired makes you look older – and who needs that?
Also, every day for the past three weeks I have slathered on my Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion each morning and night. Wow, what a difference consistent use makes. Typically, I use body moisturizer when my skin is feeling especially dry. But with unfailing daily use, my skin never got to the point of feeling dry or itchy. I tend to get dry patches on my upper arms, and those completely went away. I love that this lotion is fragrance-free, so it doesn’t compete with any perfume I want to use. Overall, it was a great experience and I am glad I made the choice to moisturize every day.
Even though the three weeks of the #aveenodailychallenge is over, I am going to continue my committment to getting at least 8 hours of sleep per night, and to moisturizing my body every morning and every night. Both choices have made a big difference in my overall health and well being.
But then again, if you ask Grumpy Cat, none of it makes a difference. LOL! – Lisa