Top Ten Tuesday decided to share our top ten travel products but I just can’t do that. I have way more than 10 so I’m going to share what I’ll be buying and taking on upcoming trips. I have a 3 day weekend trip in August and then in the winter I’ll be going south for about 8 days so I’m in planning mode.
Let’s first start with what travel size treasures I’m taking for my 3 day weekend trip (I’m sure more will be added though). There aren’t a lot of mini cosmetics around but you can easily find travel sizes of skincare and haircare. My best sources for these small products are subscription boxes like IPSY and Glossybox. I also watch Sephora’s emails carefully because they often have codes for deluxe samples that are great for travel or to stick in your purse. Even though I don’t travel that often I like to be able to try new things by using samples. — Marcia
1) ADVENTURESS SWIPES* are great to stick in my purse. They are the size of my palm and thin enough that they take up almost no space. My favorite is the YouVee Sunscreen Swipes which you can open, use, close, use later. They won’t last for more than a day but it’s a great day trip product. (A box of 24 is $33)
There are three types of swipes:
Naturally Liberating Cleanser Swipes are a fragrance free creamy cleanser that will leave your skin hydrated.
Boldly Nourishing Moisturizer Swipes are anti-aging and contain a number of good for your skin ingredients.
YouVee Sunscreen Swipes are SPF30 and are invaluable. This is a great way to refresh your sunscreen. Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 9.7% Sunscreen, Titanium Dioxide 6.5% Sunscreen.
2. ALGENIST SKINCARE products are fabulous. I use a lot of different types of skincare and Algenist is one of my very favorite brands. I’ve gotten travel sizes through Sephora points and codes and on the Algenist website where they have 17 different travel sizes for sale. They also have travel kits and I’ve purchased those. Three of my favorites that will be coming on both my trips – Retinol & Lifting Serum ($33 mini that’s twice the size of mine), Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream ($40 for the mini that’s twice the size of mine) and Complete Eye Renewal Balm.
3. KLORANE SMOOTHING AND RELAXING PATCHES FOR EYES were in a recent IPSY bag. Since my weekend trip is a wedding I’m bringing one of these to use the afternoon of the wedding so I’ll look more refreshed. I have other options like the eye patches from ToGoSpa that I love but for this trip the very thin Klorane will slip into a pocket of my purse easily.
4. SUPERGOOP EVERYDAY SUNSCREEN was also in one of my IPSY bags and I was so excited. I’ve gone through several of these in the past. When it comes to samples in those subscriptions, when they send a brand like SUPERGOOP it’s A-OK with me. This size is perfect for a 3 days trip. I’ll put this on in the morning and then keep my Adventuress YouVee Swipes with me during the day.
5. LIVING PROOF
FRIZZ SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER and PRIME STYLE EXTENDER are samples I received not that long ago with a Sephora code. I’d been wanting to try Living Proof and the code came at the right time. There were 12 nice size samples in the package. I’ve been testing it and one packet has lasted me through 3 shampoos and there’s probably enough for 2 more. I’m very impressed with Living Proof and now I see what the fuss is all about.
6. AMIKA PERK UP DRY SHAMPOO is something I’ve actually given away in the past but when I recently got this in an Ipsy bag I realized I needed it. It’s going on my winter trip to refresh my hair when I get up too late to wash.
7. CONAIR TRAVEL SIZE DETANGE BRUSH* is my favorite travel companion. Now that I’ve learned how great wet brushes are I want one on every trip. It’s a compact size brush that works great for me after I wash my hair or on dry hair. Love this baby!
8. COVER FX ILLUMINATING PRIMER was a code sample from Sephora. I’d been dying to try it and I’m so glad I had something I wanted to buy when the code was available. This is a terrific, unfragranced, primer that will be perfect under my foundation at night for the parties I’ll be at.
9. LORAC BEHIND THE SCENES EYE SHADOW PRIMER is one of my favorite primers so having this travel size from my LORAC Pro eyeshadow palette is wonderful. I know my eyeshadow primers aren’t that big but the way I
overpack pack, I need to make space.
10. IT COSMETICS BYE BYE CONCEALER was in a kit I bought from the IT Cosmetics website. I prefer the concealer in Fair but this one in Light is great too. I’m a huge fan of this concealer anyway so having this in my kit was a great bonus.
11. IT COSMETICS HELLO LASHES MASCARA was in the same kit. I’ve named this my favorite mascara in the past and it’s still way up there. It’s the perfect size for travel.
12. URBAN DECAY 24/7 GLIDE ON LIP PENCIL in OZONE – another IPSY delight. This clear liner means I don’t have to travel with other lip pencils and can still bring my umpteen lip colors without worry.
13. TheBALM NUDE DUDE EYESHADOW in FLIRTY is a beautiful bronze sparkly dude. I get tired of shadows quickly so this will be in my bag just in case I want a change.
14. BIODERMA SENSIBLO H2O MICELLAR WATER is a mini that is now available for $6.95 on the Beautylish website. When I bought my Bioderma Micellar Water my mini was a bonus and I was afraid to use it up. Now I know I can replace it since it’s not refillable and I’m doing a happy dance about that.
Since you can only purchase a few of the ones I’ve shown I’ve made a Beauty Set picking out
10 11 of my favorites from ULTA’s website that I’d recommend for travel too.
*starred items were sent by PR, rest are purchases; IPSY is a referral link