Makeup Wars is back to redden your cheeks, bring a flush to your face and enchant you with beautiful blush. We’ve picked some of our favorites that are gracing our cheeks this spring and into the summer. I’ve chosen 9 but I could have chosen 90 most likely.
If you are a Beauty Info Zone reader then you know that I love cream blush. I’m much more likely to buy a cream blush than a powder one so I’m starting with my springiest creams.
1. Tarte cheek stains come in 8 shades and you’ll have a tough time picking out a favorite. I chose Fearless since that’s the one I’ve been using the most lately. It’s a pinky coral and seems to look great with almost every eye look I choose.
2. Maybelline Master Glaze Cream Blush Stick in Pink Fever is my version of Radiant Orchid in a blush. It’s one of the best buys of the year for me since I love the longevity of the product, the perky color and the price. I need to pick up more of these.
3. Face Stockholm Creme Blush in London is getting a lot of love these days. I took a new picture for this review but I’ve used it so much that it looked raggedy. It’s a papaya shade that looks super bright in pictures and swatches but not on my face. I use a light touch when applying this long lasting color.
4. Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Poppy Paradise is a blush that just doesn’t want to swatch for me. It’s described as ‘warm toned hot pink’ which is a great, if confusing, description. It feels cooling when you apply it. The Cheek Gelee can be used alone or as a stain to wear under a powder if you find blush fades on you. I just might have purchased Pink Escape during the Sephora 15% off sale.
5. Make Up For Ever HD Second Skin Cream Blush in 210 but I easily could have picked 225 and 330 since the 3 I have are scrumptious. I love the colors of these. They are so smooth and as Lisa said “DREAMY”. We’ve reviewed 6 of these and can’t praise them enough. Find a color (or 5) that you love and you’ll never be sorry.
I’m no slacker when it comes to powder blush and have a small mountain of those too. The 4 I’ve chosen are the ones I’m finding most versatile for spring.
6. TheBalm InStain in Argyle is my latest buy. I purchased it from Hautelook and will purchase more the next time they are on sale. I love the color of Argyle (petal pink) and I love not only how smoothly it applies but it has amazing longevity. It does have stain-like qualities. The pigmentation is intense even though Argyle is the lightest shade available.
7. Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Cheek in Parasol is absolutely beautious. I constantly express my love for the Dollskin Cream blushes so I was excited to receive this powder blush. It’s as amazing as the cream blushes. Parasol is so soft and cream like. It has a gorgeous glow to it. Tarina Tarantino describes it as shimmering bright pink coral. I describe it as beautiful.
8. Senna Sheer Face Color in Pink Diva is the sweetest pink of the group. When I want a pink that’s pink this is what I pick. While the name says sheer, the blush isn’t sheer. It’s loaded with cool tones of pinkness.
9. Eddie Funkhouser Ultra Intensity Cheek Color in A Little Toasted doesn’t appear to be a blush you’d choose for spring but it’s great for that very reason. I sometimes need a very neutral shade and this is a neutral. There’s a brownish mauve tinge to it that was hard to capture but it’s there. It’s almost like a contour color for my fair skin.
Do you have any of my 9+ blushes? Do you have others to recommend for the days of upcoming sunshine? — Marcia
Visit my sisters in blush crime
*some products were purchased, some were sent for review