As a huge proponent of using facial serums I was thrilled when OZNaturals sent me their dry skin kit and two serums were included. Those plus their Dragon’s Blood serum that I’ve previously reviewed brought my collection up to a trio of wonderful facial products.
I want to talk first about why you should be using a serum.
1) A serum adds hydration, nourishment, brightening and strengthening to your skin cells. They contain more active ingredients than a typical cream moisturizer.
2) Speaking of moisturizer, a face serum is actually a lightweight moisturizer that penetrates deeper. By using a serum you are delivering more moisture and helping your skin look firmer and smoother.
3) Use your serum directly on your skin after cleansing and toning. If you are using a product like an essence save it until your serum has been absorbed. Make sure apply your serum before moisturizer and sunscreen.
4) Serums are made up of smaller molecules so they penetrate deeply and deliver a higher concentrations of active ingredients.
5) Use a serum to help with wrinkles, to make your pores look smaller, to add nourishment and brightening to your skin and to help with acne prevention.
I use all three of these serums. Sometimes I’ll layer two of them, sometimes I’ll use just one. All three are excellent for my skin and I’m enjoying the benefits they bring. You don’t need to use or own all three but at the price of these you could easily do so. OZNaturals uses a process called Cold Processing. It’s unique because the key ingredients are never heated, boiled or melted during or after production. This preserves the beneficial values and efficacy of the key ingredients. Plus OZNaturals is cruelty free, gluten free, and plant based.
Door #1 DRAGON’S BLOOD ($25) Has a citrus scent that is right up my alley. It smooths on beautifully without making my skin feel sticky. It plays well with my foundation, sunscreen and moisturizer which makes it perfect any time of day or night. The serum is beneficial for all skin types, especially those with acne, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, rosacea, skin tags, hyperpigmentation, and fine lines and wrinkles. The main ingredients are Dragon’s Blood, Vitamin C, Green Tea, and Rose Hips. Dragon’s Blood. This serum has many therapeutic benefits, including anti-inflammatory compounds which help protect the cells of the skin, helps reduce redness and swelling, aids in the repair of collagen, and may help to heal skin tissue such as scarring, hyperpigmentation, skin tags and other skin disorders. It’s one of the most powerful antioxidants on the planet!
Door #2 VITAMIN C FACIAL SERUM ($18)
Anything with Vitamin C has to be added gradually to your skin. If you haven’t used skincare with Vitamin C then add it gradually by starting every other day and be sure that you use sunscreen. Vitamin C has many wonderful benefits like encouraging collagen production, skin brightening, helps fade and prevent dark spots and hyperpigmentation. I happen to love using Vitamin C products in my skincare and this serum has become a favorite. I often use this in the evening and top it with one of the other OZNaturals serums.
Door #3: HYALURONIC ACID FACIAL SERUM ($18) makes me so very happy. I’m a huge fan of hyaluronic acid and look for it in skincare. Hyaluronic Acid attracts water to the skin so it helps with more youthful skin. I’ve always felt like it was a little bit of magic. Before I had my knee replacement I’d get shots in my knee made with hyaluronic acid which would enable me to walk without pain which is one of the reasons it’s a favorite. But even before that I noticed a difference in my complexion when I’d use products with it. This serum contains hyaluronic acid, Vitamins C and E, Rose Hips, and Green tea. They all combine to balance moisture levels to improve skin elasticity and banish dull skin.
No matter which door you open – Door #1: Dragon Blood, Door #2: Vitamin C, or Door #3: Hyaluronic Acid – I just can’t see you going wrong. If you aren’t using a serum what are you waiting for? If you aren’t using OZNaturals I ask again, what are you waiting for? — Marciasamples, affliate links
We were introduced to Radha Beauty several months ago when they gifted us with two…April 29, 2020