STOCKING STUFFERS are either the most fun items to buy or the hardest ones to buy. All ages love gift cards but that’s too impersonal (unless it’s a fussy teen who hates anything you picked). This year do something different and do a themed stocking. My theme is for my favorite females and it’s all about nails.
SOME FAVORITES ….
1. VIOLIFE SLIM UNO PORTABLE NAIL KIT is cute and practical. It’s a battery powered manicure kit that is 4 tools in one. It comes with an emery board and replacement pad, a shaping file, buffer with a replacement pad and a cuticle pusher. It comes in a carrying case so it’s perfect for the travelers you know and it’s cute enough to make every woman smile. Also check out Violife’s great travel toothbrushes which come in a style for everyone on your list.
2. NAIL BUTTER is going to change the nail life of the lucky recipient. This non-greasy butter comes in 2 fragrances, lemongrass and geranium. This is a pure, all-natural product that contains essential oils and lanolin. It can be used just about anywhere you need some softening. But the beauty of it is what it does for you nails. It not only helps strengthen nails but it’s great for encouraging growth. Your cuticles will be moisturized and look better than ever. Maybe you should put this on your list while you’re at it!
3. MONT BLEU CRYSTAL NAIL FILES has a certain je nais se quois about them. These are the products you want to put in an adult’s stocking because it will blow her away. No one has the quality of Mont Bleu’s files nor the stunning designs and colors. You could easily buy a different one for every female on your list without repeating designs. Expect a “WOW” when it’s opened.
4. FARMHOUSE FRESH MARSHMALLOW MELT is an all purpose Shea Butter Balm that is slim enough to fit into a cosmetic bag. It combines pure shea, cocoa and mango butters to make it an all-purpose balm. You can use this on your feet, your hands, elbows and even lips. The fragrance is enticing and not too sweet. You won’t feel like a child using this or smelling it on your body since it adds a little tonka bean and sandalwood to cut the sweetness but leave it smelling good enough to eat.
Now to the nail polish! I’m a nail polish fanatic and want to wear a different one every week. That means I need at least 52 polishes a year (a hint to my family who might be reading). I chose 3 different brands at 3 different prices. All are high quality and wear beautifully.
1. PURE ICE NAIL POLISH ($1.97 each) has a new winter collection called Fairytale Forest that is sweet and fun along with a nice change of pace from the typical greens and reds of the season. I chose Pure Ice because it contains some of the Pantone colors of 2016 that were just announced. Pinks and light blues make me smile.
2. KBSHIMMER always makes me ecstatic. Each season they create a new collection that makes my heart flutter plus they have their permanent collection. All are not only beauties but the wear is incredible. I have a thing for their holographs like Coal in One and Fig-Get About it. ($8.75)
3. butterLONDON polishes make me so happy. It’s hard to walk out of Ulta without perusing their selection and I often walk out with one. KIP was a favorite this past summer and now it’s coming out again so I can be in tune with Pantone now! This is an oxford blue men’s shirt come to life. If you insist on red for Christmas though there’s lots to choose from, especially Knees Up which I love!($15)
Now you know how to make a female happy. Buy her a few fabulous polishes, a terrific hand/cuticle cream, and a perfect nail file! She’ll be your BFF forever. — Marcia
I can’t wait to see what our other Makeup Wars bloggers have chosen!