This is a post I wrote one winter day in January or February. I came across it and decided to publish it just for fun.
Are you a neatnik? Or are you a ‘once in a while’ neatnik? I’m of the second variety. I don’t put things away instantly which is what inspired this post. I got out of the shower and realized I had 2 to 3 days worth of products sitting on my vanity. I grabbed my camera to share this. So here’s part of what I used over a few days last week.From the left:
1. Sample of Garnier 15 Minute Blur from a magazine. I wanted to smell it and compare it to the one I use. It’s pretty decent. (I didn’t buy it though and I’m glad now that I have the Kiehl’s Micro-Blur).
2. Sephora Airbrush Concealer brush is one I love and get a lot of use out of.
3. Urban Decay Optical Blurring foundation brush – absolutely love this brush
4. Eddie Funkhouser Ultra Definition Eye Lining Stylus – I rave about this all the time and I’m sure to continue to do that.
5. It Cosmetics Hello Lashes – I’m easily on my 4th one. I always come back to this mascara.
6. Dior Nude Concealer – I use this after my makeup is finished to touch up. I also use it in the evenings if we’re going out for dinner and I want to touch up.
7. Tarte Maracuja Waterproof Concealer – this is getting dangerously low. I mix this with an eye cream and using it many days as my first cosmetic of the day.
8 and 9. Two Vapour Beauty lipsticks which I’ve been wearing a lot lately. Both are out because some days I’ve been applying the very dark one first and then topping it with the lighter one.
10. On the mirror is Vapour Beauty Cream blush. I’m not sure which color this is since I’ve been switching between two and enjoying them both.
Behind the brushes
11. Lift Lab Eye Cream – I finished an eye cream and this is what I was using to mix with my concealer. (I’m now using Dermarie Eye Cream but I really like the Lift Lab.)
12. Senna Lasting Illusion foundation – I use this all the time, it’s my most used liquid foundation
13. Beauty Blender’s pink egg
14. Bobbi Brown Mahogany Ink Gel eyeliner
15. in the white pot is a sample of a cream foundation from Bela Mari that I reviewed
16. Face Stockholm BB Cream – this is a BB foundation in cream form. It’s great to use and coming back into rotation with the weather cooling off a bit.
17. MAC Mini Kabuki18. Japonesque Kabuki – this is my favorite brush for cream blush. It was a professional brush which I believe is discontinued. I get so much use out of it. The bristles started off white but they are stained with color. It still works great.
19. Tarina Tarantino cream blush in Mr. Pink. Love love and more love. I never use the glitter side of it but I use the Tarantino cream blushes very often.
20. Rock & Republic Skintight Eyeshadow- this discontinued eyeshadow is the best browbone shade I ever bought
21. Gorgeous eyeshadow in Martini – a favorite khaki.
22. a palette of Surratt eyeshadows – one of my big regrets. I was giving it another chance and still didn’t like what I picked out.
As always there’s a People magazine on my vanity since I read that when I’m doing my hair.
What you don’t see are the products I managed to stow away – eyebrow cream, Mally Poreless Face Defender, loose powder from Purely Cosmetics and It Cosmetics, eyelash curler etc.
After taking this picture most of these went back to their homes and the next day it started all over again!!
What’s sitting on your vanity now? Neatnik or a sometimes neatnik? — Marcia