It’s time for me to stop and assess all the items I’ve blogged about since I wrote a Top Ten list in August. I’m amazed and excited about so many of the products that I’ve been introduced to over the last 3 months so I’m picking my Top Ten from the ones that are new to me. There are quite a few I’ve written about that I’ve used for years so I’m not including those, just the ones that I’ve learned about while writing Beauty Info Zone. They aren’t in any particular order; I love them all and wanted a second chance to talk about them.
- Ellen Sirot Hand Perfection products – I’ve tried 4 products from this wonderful line and have nothing but raves about all of them. There’s Hand Perfection cream and Hand Perfection Nail & Cuticle Treatment plus Moisturizing Cleanser for Hands and Hand Perfection Night Solution for Hands. It’s hard to pick one favorite but for the sake of the review I’m going with the Hand Perfection Cream. I never realized just how much my hands needed moisturizing until I tried this. I’m very diligent about my face but I tend to take my hands for granted. This is helping me realize that it’s not just my face that’s going to be judged but my hands as well. This hand cream isn’t tacky at all so using it is a pleasure. I’m just about finished with my first tube and will definitely be purchasing a second.
- Senna Light and Lift Eye Cream – I’m using this every single morning and ignoring all the other little jars of eye cream on my counter. I love the light fresh feeling of this. I like how quickly it absorbs yet leaves my eyes soft and subtle underneath. I have chronic insomnia and Senna Light and Lift Eye Cream has been a lifesaver many mornings. I need just the tiniest amount so this will last me a long time making it even more of a bargain than it already was at $28.
- Resurf.a.stic Face – Exfoliation was a rare concept for me for most of my life. I just never realized what a difference it makes for the smooth appearance of foundation. I’ve discovered a few great exfoliators lately and this is one of them. It’s so easy to use and it gets to the exact spots you need exfoliating so effortlessly.
- Burberry foundation – I have lots of foundations, I love foundation, I need foundation and this is a winner. Since my local Nordstrom doesn’t carry the brand I ordered it on faith using another blog’s swatches. When it arrived I went from glee (picking the right shade) to horror (it is so fragranced) back to glee (I can tolerate the fragrance because it dissipates quickly). The foundation imparts a beautiful finish. It’s slightly dewy and covers nicely. I especially love it when I use my Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster (see below) since it lasts so well when I use these together.
- Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Anti-Fatigue Cream – This all-in-one product does it all for me: primer, SPF, firming qualities, mask and moisturizer. All my foundations look better when I use this first. The cooler weather has been welcome so that I can comfortably use this.
- MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liners – When I reviewed these I only owned two but after using them I went back to the MAC counter and picked up 4 more. I find these really easy to use, long lasting and beautiful. It came in 9 shades and most are still available on MAC’s website. I still don’t know if they are LE or permanent but I’m sure these will last so long that I don’t have to worry about it. All the colors are great so I refuse to pick a favorite!!
- My list wouldn’t be complete without Le Metier de Beaute since that’s the cosmetic brand that has won my heart in 2010. I’ve reviewed 2 single eyeshadows (Plum and Corinthian), 4 adorable nail polishes in beautiful shades and the Le Cirque eyeshadow Kaleidoscope. I’ve got to pick my most used product for this list and that’s Corinthian eyeshadow. I love this shade. It’s a color I’m comfortable wearing any time. There’s just something so special about Le Metier and especially about Corinthian eyeshadow.
- Mascara. Now this is hard because I’ve found two that I really like and would repurchase. The first is d.j.v. beautenizer Fiberwig LX. I love the curved brush on this mascara. While I still need an eyelash curler I can see how it would help create curls for someone that didn’t. This gives me definition and lengthening without smudging and flaking. I can build it up for more drama too.
- The second mascara is Josie Maran GOGO Instant Natural Mascara. I really like the look this gives me and I love the good cause behind the creation of this mascara. GOGO means Get One, Give One and the one you are giving is to a City of Hope cancer patient/survivor. In addition Josie Maran is donating $1 of each sale to City of Hope. We need to stand behind cancer cures so this cause is wonderful and so generous. Not only are you buying a mascara that doesn’t smudge, gives length and definition but you are doing it for someone else at the same time.
- Jane Iredale Liquid Mineral Foundation – for me this seems more like a tinted moisturizer than a regular foundation. It’s very lightweight and worked well for me during the summer months when I wanted coverage but nothing that would smother my face. This Jane Iredale foundation has become a staple in my foundation wardrobe already.
It was hard to pick ten yet I already have my next Top Ten started in my head since I’m one lucky lady when it comes to the treasures of the cosmetic world. — Marcia