Welcome to our new series on The Beauty Spotlight Team. Every other week one of the bloggers from our team is going to show you what bag they carry and what’s inside. As you can see I’m first.
I’m a big purse lady. Not quite a BAG LADY but sometimes I feel like I’m carrying everything but the kitchen sink around. My everyday bag is a Marc by Marc Jacobs that I bought from Shopbop. After my summer accident though I wasn’t comfortable carrying around the world so I’ve been carrying this STELLA & DOT bag that I bought in the spring. It’s smaller and lighter but it doesn’t hold everything. Let me show you what I have crammed into it though.
Luckily the sides unzip so I can get more in there. To load it up I’ll unzip, fill and then, using all my might, rezip.
1) The most important item is my iPhone (it should be my wallet but I’m more lost without my phone). I have a 4S and this is the case I reviewed over a year ago, I’m not tired of it yet. The phone is my bestie.
2) My Marc by Marc Jacobs wallet is fabulous! I love it so much. I bought it at Shopbop and it looks as good after a year as when it was new. Of course it’s loaded to the gills with credit cards, gift cards, papers, pictures of my two little ones and even a little money.
3) In my big purse I carry a key chain that weighs as much as my granddaughter. I have a big hot pink caribiner with two sets of car keys, my home keys, my mother’s keys, and all the little reward cards. But when I carry this bag all that can fit in is one set of car keys, my home keys and half of the Mont Bleu heart key ring.
4) A small brush, old habits die hard, and a pen.
5) The small beaded lipstick case (a gift from a lovely friend) holds any pills I take.
6) A cosmetic bag which is one of the many I have from Ipsy.
No self respecting Beauty Blogger would go out without a cosmetic bag and I’m no exception. I should probably carry a smaller one but I get the necessities in this.
The contents of my cosmetic bag:
– my favorite small mirror (it has hearts on it!!!)
– Epic Blend Hemp Lip Balm since my lips are perpetually dry
– Eddie Funkhouser liquid eyeliner which is my favorite black liquid liner ever. I have another one in my bathroom. Even if I wear another shade of eyeliner I can always go over it with black.
– Dior Addict Lipstick in 535 a glossy mauve MLBB shade for me
– E.L.F. Pink Lemonade blush stick, my $2 bargain product that’s great for on the go
– MAC Select Moisturecover concealer in NW15, a concealer I can count on
– Too Faced Melted Peony Liquified Long Wear Lipcolor for a change of pace
– an eyeglass cleaning cloth, a hair tie and some Poise Microliners
This Stella & Dot bag is only 10″x 7″ so it can’t hold the Matchbox cars, crayons, 3 more pens, business card case, full set of keys, oodles of papers and coupons, iPad mini and other products I just can’t stand being without.
What do you have in your purse? Can you neatly fit it in a smaller one? I’m looking forward to future “what’s in my purse” posts and I hope you enjoyed mine. — Marcia